Quick Hits: Twitter’s Ad Clientele Grows by 50 Percent, Sony Drops Ericsson, More
According to Twitter’s chief revenue officer, Adam Bain, Twitter’s advertising client base has grown by a full 50 percent since the spring, up from around 1,600 to around 2,400. Bain revealed the stats during a Business Insider IGNITION conference today. Those numbers (and the fact that a one-day promoted trending tweet can cost $120,000) help explain why Twitter is expected to pull in $140 million in revenue this year. Another announcement from Bain is that Twitter has an 80 percent advertising retention rate, and that the company’s gearing up to offer a self-service program.
• In a BBC program yesterday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked straight-up whether he considers Google+ “a threat.” He replied, “Google’s a great company, and I think we want to look at and learn from everything that they do. But at the same time, people have shared a lot on Facebook and have already told a lot of their life story on Facebook. And we think that we have, by far, better tools for doing that.” In the strictest sense, Google+ is a threatening gesture, but the question is whether it actually poses any real danger to Facebook. Zuckerberg seems to have said it doesn’t. What do you all think? Leave some comments.
• Sony has announced it’s going to drop its Ericsson brand sometime in the middle of 2012. We’ve seen this coming — Sony bought out Ericsson’s 50 percent take in the company in October. A Times of India story quotes Sony executive vice president and head of sales and marketing, Kristian Tear, as saying that as Sony, the company will aim to become a “complete smartphone company.” The name modification, Tear says, will correspond with a significant ramping up in its brand marketing. Sony is the biggest entertainment company in the world, but only holds 2 percent of the world’s smartphone market. The company’s hoping to use its visibility to bulk up its smartphone market share.
• It’s funny; we were just thinking about email’s continuing significance in a social-media-obsessed world. Now VisibleGains has chimed in, putting out an infographic that suggests announcements of the death of email is perhaps premature. We can’t exactly ask the CEO of email whether Facebook is a threat, but the numbers kind of speak for themselves. Check out the infographic, and let us know what you think in the comments.
- Pingback from Мой блог » Blog Archive » Quick Hits: Twitter’s Ad Clientele Grows by 50 Percent, Sony Drops Ericsson, More – ADOTAS
- Pingback from Adotas
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than