New Hires: A Rundown for This Week
ADOTAS – Well, happy holidays, indeed: We’ve been hearing about a lot of high-level hires in our circles lately. Here’s a rundown of those we learned about this week. Did we miss any biggies? Let us know.
• Ben Smith will become editor-in-chief of viral media barometer BuzzFeed on Jan. 1, 2012. He’s currently a political writer for Politico, to which he’ll continue to contribute. Smith’s appointment is in line with BuzzFeed’s intended shift toward more original content and coverage.
• Roger Williams is now senior vice president of marketing for advertising optimization company Maxifier. He’ll be based out of the company’s London office. He’d previously been director of international marketing at AudienceScience.
• Email advertising company LiveIntent announced three significant hirings: Jon Beck as vice president for publisher development, Rob Adler as national sales director and David Katz as director of business development. Beck had previously been the vice president of digital for the New York Daily News and its website; Adler had held sales positions at Pandora, TVGuide.com and Maxim; and Katz had been assistant director of optimization at Cadreon.
• James Donelan has been named vice president of engineering for social-commerce-centered company Sociable Labs. Donelan comes from Lithium Technologies, where he’d held the same title.
• Digital publisher SAY Media acquired tech blog ReadWriteWeb, bringing on ReadWriteWeb editor-in-chief Richard MacManus and hiring SplatF editor-in-chief Dan Frommer as editor-at-large.
• Paul Hunter is now COO of BzzAgent, the social marketing arm of dunnhumby. Hunter previously had been dunnhumby’s CIO. In his new role, he’ll be integrating the dunnhumby operating model with BzzAgent’s business.
• William Martin-Gill is now general manager of paid search campaign management platform Kenshoo Enterprise. He had been eBay’s director of global search engine marketing.
• Jason Allen has been named senior vice president of sales and operations for location-based mobile marketing software company Proximus Mobility. He comes from Elstat, where he’d been senior vice president and global sales director.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Might Have Been Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Might Have Been Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig