New Hires: A Rundown for This Week
ADOTAS – Well, happy holidays, indeed: We’ve been hearing about a lot of high-level hires in our circles lately. Here’s a rundown of those we learned about this week. Did we miss any biggies? Let us know.
• Ben Smith will become editor-in-chief of viral media barometer BuzzFeed on Jan. 1, 2012. He’s currently a political writer for Politico, to which he’ll continue to contribute. Smith’s appointment is in line with BuzzFeed’s intended shift toward more original content and coverage.
• Roger Williams is now senior vice president of marketing for advertising optimization company Maxifier. He’ll be based out of the company’s London office. He’d previously been director of international marketing at AudienceScience.
• Email advertising company LiveIntent announced three significant hirings: Jon Beck as vice president for publisher development, Rob Adler as national sales director and David Katz as director of business development. Beck had previously been the vice president of digital for the New York Daily News and its website; Adler had held sales positions at Pandora, TVGuide.com and Maxim; and Katz had been assistant director of optimization at Cadreon.
• James Donelan has been named vice president of engineering for social-commerce-centered company Sociable Labs. Donelan comes from Lithium Technologies, where he’d held the same title.
• Digital publisher SAY Media acquired tech blog ReadWriteWeb, bringing on ReadWriteWeb editor-in-chief Richard MacManus and hiring SplatF editor-in-chief Dan Frommer as editor-at-large.
• Paul Hunter is now COO of BzzAgent, the social marketing arm of dunnhumby. Hunter previously had been dunnhumby’s CIO. In his new role, he’ll be integrating the dunnhumby operating model with BzzAgent’s business.
• William Martin-Gill is now general manager of paid search campaign management platform Kenshoo Enterprise. He had been eBay’s director of global search engine marketing.
• Jason Allen has been named senior vice president of sales and operations for location-based mobile marketing software company Proximus Mobility. He comes from Elstat, where he’d been senior vice president and global sales director.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]