ADOTAS – Not everyone is slowing down for the end of the year, evidently. Some companies have been hiring and promoting up a storm. Here’s a look at some of the big-name hires in the industry over the last couple weeks.
• Mark S. Dailey has been named to the board of directors of email/cloud-based messaging provider SMTP. He’s currently the CEO of Interim Management International.
• Search retargeter Magnetic has named Lou Pine vice president of sales. Pine had previously been the director of east coast advertising sales for Trulia.
• Matt McLaughlin is now the chief operating officer for online media verification company DoubleVerify. Previously, he’d been the president of CUnet. The COO position is a new one at DoubleVerify.
• Ad agency R/GA has named Steve Whittier executive creative director. He’ll be working on the Nike account. Most recently, Whittier had been the integrated creative director for Land Rover U.S.A. business and Young & Rubicam.
• Tom Carson has been named president and CEO of digital entertainment company Rovi. Carson has been with Rovi since 2008, and previously had been the executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing.
• Frank O’Donnell is now chief technology officer for Mojiva Inc., parent company of mobile ad network Mojiva and mobile ad serving platform Mocean Mobile. O’Donnell had previously worked with Microsoft’s senior development manager. Meanwhile, previous Mojiva CTO (and co-founder) Krish Arvapally has been promoted to the chief innovation officer position.