Alibaba Reportedly in Talks to Buy Yahoo
ADOTAS – Eight days after the announcement that Microsoft had entered a nondisclosure bid with Yahoo — a move that indicated Microsoft was jockeying to bid on the down-on-its-luck search engine — reports have arisen that Chinese online retail giant Alibaba and Japanese telecom/e-commerce company SoftBank had entered were in “advanced talks” (Bloomberg Media’s words) with Blackstone Group and Bain Capital to make a bid on Yahoo. Alibaba’s been rumored to be interested in bidding for some time, but few details have been confirmed thus far about the company’s potential partners and plans. Reportedly, the bid may end up at somewhere around $20 per share. Yahoo, it’s worth pointing out, already owns a 43 percent equity stake in Alibaba, while Softbank owns roughly 40 percent of Yahoo Japan.
Yahoo’s board is currently discussing offers from potential minority-stake bidders, but some Yahoo investors reportedly would rather the company be sold as a whole. According to a statement from Alibaba, that company hasn’t decided to make a bid on the whole company.
Wow, wasn’t expecting this. but excited to see what happens. I always though Microsoft would buy Yahoo!, but Alibaba? Interesting….
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed