Quick Hits: Winners and Losers of Google’s Freshness Update
ADOTAS – Following Google‘s rollout last week of a new algorithm intended to pull up fresher and more timely search results — which Google figured would impact about 35% of all searches – Searchmetrics has analyzed the big winners and losers (in terms of visibility) since the changeover. Winners, they’ve found, fall into categories like brands (i.e. the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Scottrade and, in case you’d forgotten about them, Napster), news and celebrity news sites (Salon.com, Hello Magazine), and TV and video sites (YouTube, AOL TV). Losers are harder to categorize, but they include Univision, StyleList, The570.com and Comcast.
• According to a joint survey by Sybase 365 and the Mobile Marketing Association, 62% of the 1,000 consumers polled would be willing to make purchases with their mobile devices during the holiday season if motivated through coupons, discounts, text alerts, gift cards or even loyalty points. That’s double the number who said the same the year before. More interesting, a quarter claimed they would be more likely to make mobile payments if the solution was offered by their financial institution — 18% would be enticed if their credit card company offered that ability, while 22% would appreciate it coming from PayPal. But what about Google?
• Facebook has acquired Strobe, a business that helps developers distribute apps to multiple platforms at the same time. Strobe’s development platform (which is in beta and will remain available for a while) uses HTML5, which is of interest to Facebook as it works toward creating a common app platform — as is Strobe’s founder, Charles Jolley, evidently. Business Insider is calling the acquisition a talent hire.
• ChoiceStream has added Audience Intelligence Reports to its CRUNCH Audience Targeting Platform, which uses the company’s proprietary intent data to predict audience reaction to brand messages. In addition to detailed audience demographic and engagement reports, the feature offers visual representation of how segments react to display campaigns.
• Rocket Fuel has introduced Social Booster for Facebook, a data-driven tool for automating the creation, monitoring and management of display campaigns on the social network.
• Adobe has opened its Project Adthenticate — with the goal of streamlining ad validation and trafficking process for advertisers and publishers – to the wider online advertising community through a public beta.
- Pingback from Quick Hits: Winners and Losers of Google’s Freshness Update « « LATEST COUPONS LATEST COUPONS
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and