Quick Hits: Winners and Losers of Google’s Freshness Update
ADOTAS – Following Google‘s rollout last week of a new algorithm intended to pull up fresher and more timely search results — which Google figured would impact about 35% of all searches – Searchmetrics has analyzed the big winners and losers (in terms of visibility) since the changeover. Winners, they’ve found, fall into categories like brands (i.e. the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Scottrade and, in case you’d forgotten about them, Napster), news and celebrity news sites (Salon.com, Hello Magazine), and TV and video sites (YouTube, AOL TV). Losers are harder to categorize, but they include Univision, StyleList, The570.com and Comcast.
• According to a joint survey by Sybase 365 and the Mobile Marketing Association, 62% of the 1,000 consumers polled would be willing to make purchases with their mobile devices during the holiday season if motivated through coupons, discounts, text alerts, gift cards or even loyalty points. That’s double the number who said the same the year before. More interesting, a quarter claimed they would be more likely to make mobile payments if the solution was offered by their financial institution — 18% would be enticed if their credit card company offered that ability, while 22% would appreciate it coming from PayPal. But what about Google?
• Facebook has acquired Strobe, a business that helps developers distribute apps to multiple platforms at the same time. Strobe’s development platform (which is in beta and will remain available for a while) uses HTML5, which is of interest to Facebook as it works toward creating a common app platform — as is Strobe’s founder, Charles Jolley, evidently. Business Insider is calling the acquisition a talent hire.
• ChoiceStream has added Audience Intelligence Reports to its CRUNCH Audience Targeting Platform, which uses the company’s proprietary intent data to predict audience reaction to brand messages. In addition to detailed audience demographic and engagement reports, the feature offers visual representation of how segments react to display campaigns.
• Rocket Fuel has introduced Social Booster for Facebook, a data-driven tool for automating the creation, monitoring and management of display campaigns on the social network.
• Adobe has opened its Project Adthenticate — with the goal of streamlining ad validation and trafficking process for advertisers and publishers – to the wider online advertising community through a public beta.
- Pingback from Quick Hits: Winners and Losers of Google’s Freshness Update « « LATEST COUPONS LATEST COUPONS
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]