Quick Hits: Foursquare Revamped and Other Social Media News
• The “New Foursquare” went live this afternoon. With interactive maps, a comments section, recommended spots suited to the time of day and suggestions of brands to follow, the re-imagined Foursquare is more conducive to viewing on a tablet or a home computer — and it’s also more in line with the features of Yelp-style review/”discovery” websites.
• EdgeRank has released a study finding that, on average, each comment posted to Facebook generates a little over four times the number of clicks as a “like” does. Wednesdays, for one reason or another, generated the highest ratio of clicks over the course of an average week.
• A week ago today, Google announced the arrival of the long-awaited Google+ Pages. The company announced another notching-up in the process today, as social media management companies Buddy Media, HootSuite, Context Optional, Hearsay Social, Involver and Vitrue will now have access to pages. They’ll be working with a limited number of clients, and the features available to those companies will be limited at the moment as well, in a Google-sanctioned test drive, presumably to perfect the pages feature before turning loose the public at large.
• In other Google news, if you don’t want your AP saved in Google’s Location Server (the database of global access points that the company says is used not to identify, but to locate users of mobile devices), you can opt out now, simply by adding “_nomap” to the end of your mobile SSID. It’s a gesture of transparency worth noting in light of Google’s recent grapplings with European authorities regarding privacy laws.
Leave a Comment
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- Simulmedia Closes $25 Million D Round December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Simulmedia, a targeted [...] more »
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought