ADOTAS – Cox Digital Solutions and Gourmet Ads have launched the Gourmet Ads Marketplace, a private vertical ad exchange running off of the recently introduced CDS Connect RTB platform powered by AppNexus. The Gourmet Ads Marketplace offer advertisers access to audiences on more than 300 food-related websites, including Gourmet Ad own and operated properties RecipeBridge and TastyDay, while optimizing publisher revenues and maintaining their control over prices and user data.
• Building on its recent pre-bid verification developments, ad verifier AdSafe Media has introduced real-time data feeds for RTB-endowed platforms, plugging the company’s various quality measurements — Brand Safety Scores, User Engagement Quality Ratings and Contextual Relevance — into the auction process prior to bidding.
• According to a survey of over 1,200 Facebook users by Crowd Science’s JustAsk! research initiative, only 9% of respondents reported “liking” a brand page.
• Facebook commerce (or f-commerce) specialist Zibaba, which powers Facebook storefronts, has introduced a storefront-integrated ad solution, f-Commerce Ads Direct, that allows Facebook merchants to sell their wares and market their stores/goods from a single solution.
• Here’s a new (affiliate) twist on pay per engagement — performance marketing solution supplier Direct Response Technologies has introduced a social media engagement payout model within the DirectTrack affiliate management platform, allowing merchants and networks to track and pay affiliates when referred users interact with brands through various social networks.
• Mobile analytics firm Flurry estimates that at $1.9 billion in 2011, U.S. smartphones game revenue will top the combined game revenue from Nintendo DS and Sony PSP ($1.4 billion). The game revenue from the latter two has been on the decline for the last three years, seemingly due to massive smartphone penetration.