Google+ Products Are Here to Stay
ADOTAS – The founders of Google have come under criticism in the press for limited use of their Google+ product — “Google Management Doesn’t Use Google+” – and that management should be using the social network more. This is certainly a great observation, but even if the founders of Google are not actively using their own product, Google+ and Google +1 are here to stay.
Five reasons why everyone can cry wolf, and Larry Page and Sergey Brin may not care:
1) The Google+ products should be looked at as one entity – Google+ and Google +1 are interconnected
While Google + and Google +1 can live independently of each other, as one entity they are a forced to be reckoned with. Google+ provides users the ability to self-segment, which could prove quite lucrative for advertisers should Google ever provide the ability to serve sponsored links on Google+.
Concurrently, the +1 button platform is one of Google’s fastest growing widgets, with a growing following from advertisers. The marriage of the two occurs when Google injects endorsements from Google+ into sponsored links for brands who have gone ahead and implemented the +1 widget and have been endorsed by those in Google+’s circles.
2) Google +1 for websites is being woven into the fiber of search
For now, Google says that +1 will not affect the current search algorithm. However, there is a significant impact to advertisers who do implement +1. There is the possibility that these advertisers may achieve incremental gains in CTR, which as a result will help improve ranking and quality score in the long run.
3) Google+ is growing at an exponential rate.
Paul Allen was recently reported to have estimated Google+ at 50 million users. If this projection is correct, this means that 50 million users are potentially creating circles and segmenting themselves and their personal interests within their chosen circles whether professional, family, sports teams, etc.
4) Brands will win using Google+ and Google +1
Personal recommendations by friends will become the most effective way to advertise and thus this will affect the new social search paradigm.
5) My favorite (and not-directly-related-to-search) feature is the live-stream hangouts, which have the potential to reach thousands.
Most recently, Google was able to demonstrate the power of the hangout with two very prominent political figures, the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. The experience which occurred last week between the two figures might be one of the greatest ways technology has recently been leveraged.
- Pingback from Just What Is Social Media Integration?
- Pingback from Google+ Finally Has a Pages Feature
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]