Google+ Products Are Here to Stay
ADOTAS – The founders of Google have come under criticism in the press for limited use of their Google+ product — “Google Management Doesn’t Use Google+” – and that management should be using the social network more. This is certainly a great observation, but even if the founders of Google are not actively using their own product, Google+ and Google +1 are here to stay.
Five reasons why everyone can cry wolf, and Larry Page and Sergey Brin may not care:
1) The Google+ products should be looked at as one entity – Google+ and Google +1 are interconnected
While Google + and Google +1 can live independently of each other, as one entity they are a forced to be reckoned with. Google+ provides users the ability to self-segment, which could prove quite lucrative for advertisers should Google ever provide the ability to serve sponsored links on Google+.
Concurrently, the +1 button platform is one of Google’s fastest growing widgets, with a growing following from advertisers. The marriage of the two occurs when Google injects endorsements from Google+ into sponsored links for brands who have gone ahead and implemented the +1 widget and have been endorsed by those in Google+’s circles.
2) Google +1 for websites is being woven into the fiber of search
For now, Google says that +1 will not affect the current search algorithm. However, there is a significant impact to advertisers who do implement +1. There is the possibility that these advertisers may achieve incremental gains in CTR, which as a result will help improve ranking and quality score in the long run.
3) Google+ is growing at an exponential rate.
Paul Allen was recently reported to have estimated Google+ at 50 million users. If this projection is correct, this means that 50 million users are potentially creating circles and segmenting themselves and their personal interests within their chosen circles whether professional, family, sports teams, etc.
4) Brands will win using Google+ and Google +1
Personal recommendations by friends will become the most effective way to advertise and thus this will affect the new social search paradigm.
5) My favorite (and not-directly-related-to-search) feature is the live-stream hangouts, which have the potential to reach thousands.
Most recently, Google was able to demonstrate the power of the hangout with two very prominent political figures, the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. The experience which occurred last week between the two figures might be one of the greatest ways technology has recently been leveraged.
- Pingback from Just What Is Social Media Integration?
- Pingback from Google+ Finally Has a Pages Feature
Leave a Comment
- Giving Up on Mobile? You’re Not Alone: What Brands Can Learn from Uber
- Naughty or Nice: How the Big Man Assesses Your Holiday Display Campaigns
- EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Americans on Healthcare.gov: Amazon and Google Can Do It Better December 18th 2013 ADOTAS – The much-publicized troubled launch of the Obama administration’s [...] more »
- New Vindico Adtricity Report Finds Nearly 60% of Digital Video Ads Lack the Opportunity to Be Seen by a Viewer December 18th 2013 NEW YORK, December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Leading video ad server Vindico [...] more »
- Visual IQ and BlueKai Deepen Strategic Partnership December 18th 2013 NEEDHAM, Mass., December 18, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Visual IQ, the leading [...] more »
- Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$? December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – If you’re a Facebook user, you’ve likely noticed [...] more »
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday December 17th 2013 NEW YORK, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – xAd, the only global [...] more »
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s [...] more »
- Lindsay Lohan Lends Star Power to ‘Just Sing It’ Re-Launch December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – Just Sing It on iOS has been re-launched [...] more »
- Giving Up on Mobile? You’re Not Alone: What Brands Can Learn from Uber December 18th 2013
- Naughty or Nice: How the Big Man Assesses Your Holiday Display Campaigns December 18th 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: How Multichannel Saved Multiplaz Over $200K Using a New Method for Fighting Ad Fraud December 18th 2013
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software December 17th 2013
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV December 16th 2013
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- EXCLUSIVE: Multichannel Saves Multiplaz Over $200K, Combats Ad Fraud: [...] for advertisers is relying on computer algorithms to determine the best placement for ads
- Bobby Wells: I can understand the utility of ad blockers for a number of reasons - especially
- Jay: Hulu went from a legal alternative to PeekVid to a cable channel.
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads: [...] advertisers and publishers to define parameters for the native ad format and recently published