Wanna Chat During Ad Week? I’ll Be at Adotas Off-Duty
ADOTAS – Oh hell — it’s Advertising Week NYC already? My god, what will I wear to the countless events being thrown across the Big Apple? I mean, I can’t show up to the Open RTB event wearing the same band t-shirt I sported at the IAB MIXX Conference… Does Mogwai for IAB, Mission of Burma for Open RTB sound appropriate?
It’s going to be a ridiculous week judging by how many meeting requests I have sitting in my inbox right now. So many people want to say hello and give me a spiel about their digital wares, and you know what? I’d love to hear every pitch — those of you who have had the misfortune to have met me know I’m a sucker for cool tech. I wanna write about it all.
Alas, there are only so many hours in a day — and only so many times my ears can hear acronyms like DMP, DSP, SSP, OPP, etc… So you want to hobnob with me during Ad Week? This is where I’ll be on Tuesday night: Adotas Off-Duty at Cipriani Club 55 at 55 Wall St.
Sponsored by 24/7 Real Media, TRAFFIQ, Adometry and Big Fuel, this party celebrates the relaunch of our events section, which we are rebranding “Adotas Off-Duty”. You might have noticed our coverage of a Google Places-sponsored Digital DUMBO and Vice’s Digital Upfront. I’m going to be all over the NYC tech party scene with my camera and my quips.
But to show we know what makes a good party, we gotta throw one of our own first. And yes, we may call it “off-duty,” but who are we kidding? You’re never really off-duty in the digital ad space.
Once you RSVP and get your ass to Cipriani Downtown (don’t get it mixed up with the Cirpriani in Grand Central, though I’m sure you can find plenty of drunks in the train station to party down with) look for me — I’m the thin tall guy with medium-length dirty-blonde hair and a dirty smirk. Let’s talk — I’ll even take your picture.
But more important, you can schmooze with a roomful of important industry types — the kind that could have a serious effect on your business. Compared to that, who cares about some pipsqueak tech reporter?
The event only goes on till 10, so if you guys want to take the party elsewhere, I’m game — especially if we head back to my borough of choice, Brooklyn.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar
- Live Twitter Feed from the Westchester Digital Summit
- WATCH: Google Ad Exec Susan Wojcicki to Deliver Day 2 Keynote at ad:tech San Francisco
- Eight Startups to Compete for Two Innovation Awards at ad:tech San Francisco
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders to [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and