Quick Hits: Yahoo Revamps Video Hub, Shows Off New Series
ADOTAS – In the wake of portal rival AOL’s online video upfront with 15 new web series (one with Heidi Klum, one produced by Jennifer Lopez), Yahoo! unveiled eight new web series as part of the rollout of its revamped video hub, which will be a central resource for videos across all of the portal’s content verticals. AOL has Klum, Yahoo!’s got documentary film-maker Morgan Spurlock — the mustachioed maestro behind “Super-Size Me,” “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold,” and “30 Days” has produced “Failure Club” exclusively for Yahoo!. In addition, the portal has signed licensing agreements with Hulu, ABC, CBS (which is notably not involved with Hulu), UFC and Revision3.
• Social enterprise software-maker Buddy Media has opened new offices in Singapore and San Francisco. Leading the Singapore office as the first Buddy Media Managing Director of Asia is Ken Mandel, previously regional vice president of advertising sales and marketplace for Yahoo! Asia Pacific. Heading up the San Fran depot is new Senior Vice President of Western Region (U.S.) Sales Carla Bourque, who boasts senior management experience at the likes of Six Apart (acquired by SAY Media), Nielsen Online, Catalina Marketing and Jupiter Media Metrix.
• Multi-threat ad analytics service Adometry has introduced new optimization tools to its Ad Analytics SaaS Solution Suite that accounts for interactions between display and search that affect conversions in calculating optimization recommendations in accordance with campaign goals (e.g., branding, conversions).
• Web and mobile app publisher network Conduit will provide the 65 million uniques heading to online game website Miniclip with the Miniclip Gamebar, a toolbar the informs users of new and exclusive games as well as enabling sharing with other users.
• After surviving the initiation ritual, including battle with the rancor monster, data marketplace eXelate has been admitted to the ranks of the 12-member Council for Accountable Advertising, which was founded by Cross Commerce Media, MediaMath and TARGUSinfo in March of this year. By the way, the council could use another rancor monster if anybody has a source.
• Cross-platform rich media advertising firm Crisp Media has added 3D, video and animation capabilities to its fixed mobile unit Adhesion — these “sticky” ads stay above-the-fold as users scroll on their mobile devices. In addition, Crisp has also launched a version of the unit for the iPad.
• Retail search engine and mobile app SaleLocator has introduced an API to offer web and mobile developers up-to-date in-store sales information for more than 1,000 national and regional retailers, including an average of 275,000 deals a day segmented by region and/or category.
• Email marketing provider GetResponse launched List Booster to allow clients to import contacts from 16 different services and mail clients, including Gmail, Outlook and LinkedIn.
• Oh yeah, I think Apple had some kind of announcement. Anybody catch it?
- Pingback from Yahoo Screen Relaunches In Attempt To Become Major Online Video Destination – ReelSEO Online Video News | lincing.com
Leave a Comment
Video Q&A: Alex Rowland of AlphabirdAlex Rowland, president of Alphabird, is interviewed via Skype by Adotas editor Mike Daly. About Alphabird Alphabird is a vertically integrated audience [...] more...
- From the Twitterverse: Gamers Hate On Xbox One May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft has unveiled Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – For brand managers and marketers, the Internet has [...] more »
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013 ADOTAS (via WordStream) — Here’s why I think Yahoo is [...] more »
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined May 21st 2013 ADOTAS — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be [...] more »
- Video: Xbox Reveal, 5/21/13 May 21st 2013 ADOTAS – Microsoft unveiled its next-generation Xbox today at a [...] more »
- Live Twitter Feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know May 21st 2013
- Blogshare: Why Tumblr Will Make Yahoo Billions May 21st 2013
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Study: Xbox Reveal Sparks More Social Buzz than Galaxy S4 and Facebook ‘Phone’ Combined: [...] — The new Xbox gaming console, which will be unveiled today, has produced 66,000
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]