Quick Hits: Yahoo Revamps Video Hub, Shows Off New Series
ADOTAS – In the wake of portal rival AOL’s online video upfront with 15 new web series (one with Heidi Klum, one produced by Jennifer Lopez), Yahoo! unveiled eight new web series as part of the rollout of its revamped video hub, which will be a central resource for videos across all of the portal’s content verticals. AOL has Klum, Yahoo!’s got documentary film-maker Morgan Spurlock — the mustachioed maestro behind “Super-Size Me,” “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold,” and “30 Days” has produced “Failure Club” exclusively for Yahoo!. In addition, the portal has signed licensing agreements with Hulu, ABC, CBS (which is notably not involved with Hulu), UFC and Revision3.
• Social enterprise software-maker Buddy Media has opened new offices in Singapore and San Francisco. Leading the Singapore office as the first Buddy Media Managing Director of Asia is Ken Mandel, previously regional vice president of advertising sales and marketplace for Yahoo! Asia Pacific. Heading up the San Fran depot is new Senior Vice President of Western Region (U.S.) Sales Carla Bourque, who boasts senior management experience at the likes of Six Apart (acquired by SAY Media), Nielsen Online, Catalina Marketing and Jupiter Media Metrix.
• Multi-threat ad analytics service Adometry has introduced new optimization tools to its Ad Analytics SaaS Solution Suite that accounts for interactions between display and search that affect conversions in calculating optimization recommendations in accordance with campaign goals (e.g., branding, conversions).
• Web and mobile app publisher network Conduit will provide the 65 million uniques heading to online game website Miniclip with the Miniclip Gamebar, a toolbar the informs users of new and exclusive games as well as enabling sharing with other users.
• After surviving the initiation ritual, including battle with the rancor monster, data marketplace eXelate has been admitted to the ranks of the 12-member Council for Accountable Advertising, which was founded by Cross Commerce Media, MediaMath and TARGUSinfo in March of this year. By the way, the council could use another rancor monster if anybody has a source.
• Cross-platform rich media advertising firm Crisp Media has added 3D, video and animation capabilities to its fixed mobile unit Adhesion — these “sticky” ads stay above-the-fold as users scroll on their mobile devices. In addition, Crisp has also launched a version of the unit for the iPad.
• Retail search engine and mobile app SaleLocator has introduced an API to offer web and mobile developers up-to-date in-store sales information for more than 1,000 national and regional retailers, including an average of 275,000 deals a day segmented by region and/or category.
• Email marketing provider GetResponse launched List Booster to allow clients to import contacts from 16 different services and mail clients, including Gmail, Outlook and LinkedIn.
• Oh yeah, I think Apple had some kind of announcement. Anybody catch it?
- Pingback from Yahoo Screen Relaunches In Attempt To Become Major Online Video Destination – ReelSEO Online Video News | lincing.com
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]