Quick Hits: Hulu and Univision Become Amigos, Yahoo! Saying Sayonara to Y! Japan
ADOTAS – ¡Que grande! Hulu and Univision signed a multi-year content agreement that will bring all sorts of Spanish-launguage content (telenovelas, comedies, variety shows) from Univision’s network of networks to Hulu and Hulu Plus. When content appears later this year, it will include current prime-time programming. So who among you advertisers were interested in targeting the Hispanic community? All of you?
• Yahoo! is reportedly dumping its 35% stake in Yahoo! Japan, which has a total market value of $19 billion plus $2 billion in net cash. But what about Right Media? Apparently Yahoo! isn’t going to take the money to buy Hulu…
• Kevin Drew Davis is the new executive creative officer at Digitas Chicago. Last seen serving as executive vice president and group creative director at DraftFCB Chicago, Davis has also fronted creative teams at Wieden & Kennedy, The Richards Group and GSD&M over his 20-year career.
• According to Knowledge Networks’ MultiMedia Mentor research tool, tablet-owner spend an average of 4 hours and 19 minutes on the Internet daily versus 2 hours 55 minutes for all consumers. Fifty-five of those Internet minutes are on their tablets, with 24 minutes going toward social networking, gaming and search. I’m going to guess the other 35 minutes are for p… puppies. Pictures of puppies… Yeah.
• Following taking top prize at TechCrunch’s Disrupt San Fran, Israeli startup Shaker, which hosts virtual bars where your avatar can hang out with Facebook friends (it kinda looks like Meez for older Facebook users…), scored $15 million in a Series A round of funding led by Menlo Ventures. Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt) and CrunchFund (Michael Arrington) also gave to the cause.
• AOL and Yahoo! aren’t the only major websites producing original online video series — eBay Motors has just launched two new series to catch the interest of its 14 million monthly uniques. Sponsored by Ford, “modJOBS” is an eight episode series following the transformation of a stock Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8 into a pimped-out “supercar.” And hosted by Justin Bell, “World’s Fastest Car Show” is a weekly joyride into the heart of car culture, including test drives, celebrity visits and auto shows.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Duracell Powermat and Unruly Partner to Support 2013 Holiday Campaign December 13th 2013 NEW YORK, December 13, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, global video [...] more »
- DeskSite Partners with NFL to Offer Alternative to Broadcast TV December 13th 2013 ADOTAS – DeskSite has just launched a digital video entertainment [...] more »
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial