Quick Hits: Hulu and Univision Become Amigos, Yahoo! Saying Sayonara to Y! Japan
ADOTAS – ¡Que grande! Hulu and Univision signed a multi-year content agreement that will bring all sorts of Spanish-launguage content (telenovelas, comedies, variety shows) from Univision’s network of networks to Hulu and Hulu Plus. When content appears later this year, it will include current prime-time programming. So who among you advertisers were interested in targeting the Hispanic community? All of you?
• Yahoo! is reportedly dumping its 35% stake in Yahoo! Japan, which has a total market value of $19 billion plus $2 billion in net cash. But what about Right Media? Apparently Yahoo! isn’t going to take the money to buy Hulu…
• Kevin Drew Davis is the new executive creative officer at Digitas Chicago. Last seen serving as executive vice president and group creative director at DraftFCB Chicago, Davis has also fronted creative teams at Wieden & Kennedy, The Richards Group and GSD&M over his 20-year career.
• According to Knowledge Networks’ MultiMedia Mentor research tool, tablet-owner spend an average of 4 hours and 19 minutes on the Internet daily versus 2 hours 55 minutes for all consumers. Fifty-five of those Internet minutes are on their tablets, with 24 minutes going toward social networking, gaming and search. I’m going to guess the other 35 minutes are for p… puppies. Pictures of puppies… Yeah.
• Following taking top prize at TechCrunch’s Disrupt San Fran, Israeli startup Shaker, which hosts virtual bars where your avatar can hang out with Facebook friends (it kinda looks like Meez for older Facebook users…), scored $15 million in a Series A round of funding led by Menlo Ventures. Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt) and CrunchFund (Michael Arrington) also gave to the cause.
• AOL and Yahoo! aren’t the only major websites producing original online video series — eBay Motors has just launched two new series to catch the interest of its 14 million monthly uniques. Sponsored by Ford, “modJOBS” is an eight episode series following the transformation of a stock Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8 into a pimped-out “supercar.” And hosted by Justin Bell, “World’s Fastest Car Show” is a weekly joyride into the heart of car culture, including test drives, celebrity visits and auto shows.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UnrulyX, an Outstream Video SSP, To Unify Demand Sources For Publishers
- CIMM Partners with 4A’s to Explore Best Practices In Cross-Platform Attribution and ROI Analysis
- Going Native: What Makes It Work, What Makes It Fail
- Nielsen and Vision Critical Announce Strategic Alliance
- Millennials at the Gate: New Report Reveals Pervasive Ad Blocking and Preference for Video Piracy