ADOTAS – Denise Colella is joining real-time campaign performance optimizer Maxifier as chief revenue officer. Colella was last seen serving as CRO with AudienceScience (which also lost CEO Jeff Hirsch to Underdog Media a few weeks ago) but also has done executive stints at Right Media and DoubleClick. Maxifier also added DoubleClick and MediaMath veteran Anthony Katsur as COO last month.
• Groupon is suing Google, claiming that two employees that disembarked its flailing vessel brought company secrets over to Google Offers. What were those trade secrets — how to burn lots of investor cash and screw up your IPO?
• Spreaker has introduced an iPhone app with a live podcasting platform that allows users to broadcast from anywhere directly to a Spreaker page, a third-party website or a Facebook page.
• With the goal of integrating other consumer electronic product technology into its smartphones, Sony paid $1.46 billion for Ericsson’s 50% stake in Sony Ericsson, which will become a wholly owned subsidiary of the consumer electronics giant.
• Eyepartner has released the latest version of its Monster Encoder, an easily integrated digital video converter that can be used to quickly morph AVIs, MOVs, WMVs and other video files into formats optimized for website streaming.
• Ad research firm Userlytics launched the white-label version of its video-in-video testing platform.
• This is timely — Oakland Athletics General Manager Billy Beane, subject of the book and recent Brad Pitt film “Moneyball,” will be the keynote speaker for the sixth annual Covario INFLECTIONPoint conference Feb. 7 in Huntington Beach, Calif.