Quick Hits: Auditude Finds Mid-Roll Still Has Best Video Completion Rate
ADOTAS – Studying 11 billion impressions across 300 publishers, video ad server Auditude found that mid-roll video units still have the highest completion rate at 75%. In addition, ad completion rates on live content came in at 86% compared to video-on-demand content at 60%. Also interesting, in-stream ads on professional content saw completion 68% of the time versus 52% for UGC. You can download the whole report here (PDF). On a side note, has Auditude ever considered rewriting the words to The Misfits’ “Attitude” (NSFW — at high volumes) for the company theme song? I bet they could even get Glenn Danzig to sing “Auditude… You got some f—ing Auditude!”
Some cool tidbits from browser builder Opera’s State of the Mobile Web — derived from data collected by subsidiary AdMarvel, which runs Opera’s Open Mobile Ad Exchange — for September 2011: Android users are more likely to visit education-related sites, but least likely to visit social media sites via mobile browser. Feature phone users, not surprisingly, are the most likely to hit up the mobile website versions of social sites. Also interesting, Windows Phone users are the most likely to visit email or communication sites — maybe WP7 email apps aren’t up to consumers’ standards?
And how about another survey? New data from Performics, the performance marketing arm of Publicis Groupe, finds that online activity while in a store is increasingly popular, with 62% of those surveyed admitting to conducting online price comparisons while at a retailer and 41% use search engines for additional real-time research. Also, 45% virtually “check in” to stores and 25% said they pause before purchasing something at a retailer to seek advice on a social network (with 41% of that group waiting 5 to 10 minutes for feedback). Finally, 30% use mobile barcode scanners, and speaking of…
• Mobile barcode specialists Scanbuy, whose David Javitch contributed a piece on smart QR code implementation to Adotas yesterday, announced that its QR codes can now be found in Starbucks locations nationwide, as well as in print and outdoor ads for the chain coffe shop. Scanning one of the barcodes leads smartphone users to a mobile-formatted Starbucks landing page featuring a video on Caffe Verona and recommendations and suggestions related to Fall coffee products. Oh, and of course there’s a store locator.
With growth of 1,721% over the last three years, B2B-based audience targeting network Bizo snagged the number four slot on the San Francisco Business Times list of Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area.
Yahoo!, Lotame and [x+1] veteran Scott Hoffman is the new COO at Sociocast, an analytics and behavioral prediction service for both advertisers and publishers. In addition, Joe Doran (LiveTout founder and former m6d founding CEO) and Jeffrey Silverman (former DoubleClick executive and current Laconia Ventures partner and New York Angels board member) joined Sociocast’s advisory board.
- Pingback from Shop & Dine: Red Room Food and Wine Bar is a Welcome Addition to Dining and … - Alternative Nepresso
- Pingback from Quick Hits: Auditude Finds Mid-Roll Still Has Best Video Completion Rate | Clutch Agency
- Pingback from Pitbull: America's savviest party starter?
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s