More articles by Gavin Dunaway
Off-Duty: Adotas Throws a Serious Shindig at Cipriani
Sponsored by 24/7 Real Media, TRAFFIQ, Adometry and Big Fuel — and put together with a great assistance from Max Ramirez of Digital Media Events — Adotas Off-Duty packed the bar at Cipriani Club 55 with representatives from just about every nook and cranny of the digital advertising space.
Before the mass consumption of alcohol and foodstuffs, Adotas hosted an event with some top-notch speakers. First Big Fuel CEO Jon Bond, cofounder of Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, expounded about trends and opportunities agencies are missing in the social media arena. Then Paul Pellman, CEO of Adometry, gave a brief talk about attribution models before 24/7 Real Media SVP of Business Development Larry Allen discussed why finding a digital advertising partner was so imperative in the ultra-cluttered space.
But enough work! It was time for drinks and food. I sipped white wine and listened in disbelief as Bradley Lewis, CEO and founder of QR Media Group, explained the impetus for his QR code social network Skanz came from reading an article… on Adotas. Wow, we’re actually inspirational. Indeed, Lewis has really taken the idea of QR codes and run with it, as Skanz’ customizable codes can be used to do anything from managing contacts (and all their social links) to aiding brands in instantly engaging consumers.
We promised to talk more later, as I was distracted by how incredible my proscuitto and mozzarella appetizer was — seriously, I hadn’t eaten so good since I was last in Italy. More wine flowed, and I found myself telling TRAFFIQ CEO Nick Pahade about my time at TheStreet.com, which included the dark period after Chairman Jim Cramer was dissected by Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show.” My main course, grilled sea bass, was absolutely luscious, but I couldn’t stick around for desert because the party had started.
Immediately I ran into folks from e-Miles, a company I wrote about a few weeks ago, who discussed future plans for its value exchange service. I also ran into Londa Lavender, the senior director of business development for Datonics, and caught up on what’s going on at the third-party data provider, which was recently spun off from AlmondNet.
I also chatted up a few guys from Evidon, who really needed their drinks considering the complications inherent in getting the behavioral opt-out system perfect. John Mracek, CEO of Netseer, also said hi, and commented on some partnerships the concept-based conceptual targeter is working out.
And right at the end of the evening, I was introduced to a slew of Finnish mobile companies that were in town to promote their wares. Ismo Rantala, CEO of the Finnish Mobile Association, intrigued me with details of an incubator specifically for mobile companies hailing from Finland that his association was currently trying to build in NYC.
All in all, I had a great time, and was thoroughly exhausted from meeting exciting new faces in the industry as well as catching up with old pros. But don’t just take my word for it — we have photographic proof.
- Pingback from QR Codes Get Bigger and Bolder
Leave a Comment
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s