Tags Are ‘Outdated’: BrightTag Announces Partners for Server-to-Server Data Flow System
ADOTAS – A slew of impressive third-party ad tech firms — including Interclick, Aggregate Knowledge, Turn, Marin Software, DataXu, Adometry and [x+1] for starters — have signed up as partners for BrightTag’s ONE platform, a service layer between websites and third parties that removes the data transfer process from the browser and onto a server-to-server connection.
“We believe the “tag” itself is an outdated method for collecting and sharing critical interactive marketing data,” said BrightTag founder Marc Kiven. “Through server-to-server integration with third-party providers… site owners now have the ability to send robust datasets in real-time directly to partners via the cloud rather than through legacy browser-based methods. This isn’t about making tags ‘fire’ faster — it’s about revolutionizing the way data is collected and shared so everyone in the digital marketing ecosystem is working better together and with better data.”
BrightTag is selling its ONE platform as a data flow system that is advantageous for both pubs and third parties. Pubs get better control over managing which third parties get what data when (also plugging up data leaks and keeping out data thieves) while the third-party collectors cut through the “data static” to get the meat, or rather the most relevant data for their goals. Oh, and consumers benefit too as tag loading and data transmission stop clogging up browser load times.
It’s a big step from BrightTag’s data rights management platform launched in August 2010 — that tool simplified the process of managing hordes of tracking tags and data transmission by giving publishers control over a single “BrightTag” with customizable data transmission instructions.
The ONE platform offers pubs and third parties complete transparency over data flow, and in real-time at that. The cloud-based tool can easily work complex configurations and is compatible with browser-based tracking tags.
However, don’t dare mistake BrightTag for a tag container system.
“The container approach does not scale; containers are just another way to encourage more third-party tags to be pushed through an already overloaded browser,” Kiven said. “As browser-based tags continue to proliferate — either fueled by the advent of tag management solutions or from continued industry growth — both data collection and the site users’ experience become slow and unstable.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s