Tags Are ‘Outdated’: BrightTag Announces Partners for Server-to-Server Data Flow System
ADOTAS – A slew of impressive third-party ad tech firms — including Interclick, Aggregate Knowledge, Turn, Marin Software, DataXu, Adometry and [x+1] for starters — have signed up as partners for BrightTag’s ONE platform, a service layer between websites and third parties that removes the data transfer process from the browser and onto a server-to-server connection.
“We believe the “tag” itself is an outdated method for collecting and sharing critical interactive marketing data,” said BrightTag founder Marc Kiven. “Through server-to-server integration with third-party providers… site owners now have the ability to send robust datasets in real-time directly to partners via the cloud rather than through legacy browser-based methods. This isn’t about making tags ‘fire’ faster — it’s about revolutionizing the way data is collected and shared so everyone in the digital marketing ecosystem is working better together and with better data.”
BrightTag is selling its ONE platform as a data flow system that is advantageous for both pubs and third parties. Pubs get better control over managing which third parties get what data when (also plugging up data leaks and keeping out data thieves) while the third-party collectors cut through the “data static” to get the meat, or rather the most relevant data for their goals. Oh, and consumers benefit too as tag loading and data transmission stop clogging up browser load times.
It’s a big step from BrightTag’s data rights management platform launched in August 2010 — that tool simplified the process of managing hordes of tracking tags and data transmission by giving publishers control over a single “BrightTag” with customizable data transmission instructions.
The ONE platform offers pubs and third parties complete transparency over data flow, and in real-time at that. The cloud-based tool can easily work complex configurations and is compatible with browser-based tracking tags.
However, don’t dare mistake BrightTag for a tag container system.
“The container approach does not scale; containers are just another way to encourage more third-party tags to be pushed through an already overloaded browser,” Kiven said. “As browser-based tags continue to proliferate — either fueled by the advent of tag management solutions or from continued industry growth — both data collection and the site users’ experience become slow and unstable.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]