Tags Are ‘Outdated’: BrightTag Announces Partners for Server-to-Server Data Flow System
ADOTAS – A slew of impressive third-party ad tech firms — including Interclick, Aggregate Knowledge, Turn, Marin Software, DataXu, Adometry and [x+1] for starters — have signed up as partners for BrightTag’s ONE platform, a service layer between websites and third parties that removes the data transfer process from the browser and onto a server-to-server connection.
“We believe the “tag” itself is an outdated method for collecting and sharing critical interactive marketing data,” said BrightTag founder Marc Kiven. “Through server-to-server integration with third-party providers… site owners now have the ability to send robust datasets in real-time directly to partners via the cloud rather than through legacy browser-based methods. This isn’t about making tags ‘fire’ faster — it’s about revolutionizing the way data is collected and shared so everyone in the digital marketing ecosystem is working better together and with better data.”
BrightTag is selling its ONE platform as a data flow system that is advantageous for both pubs and third parties. Pubs get better control over managing which third parties get what data when (also plugging up data leaks and keeping out data thieves) while the third-party collectors cut through the “data static” to get the meat, or rather the most relevant data for their goals. Oh, and consumers benefit too as tag loading and data transmission stop clogging up browser load times.
It’s a big step from BrightTag’s data rights management platform launched in August 2010 — that tool simplified the process of managing hordes of tracking tags and data transmission by giving publishers control over a single “BrightTag” with customizable data transmission instructions.
The ONE platform offers pubs and third parties complete transparency over data flow, and in real-time at that. The cloud-based tool can easily work complex configurations and is compatible with browser-based tracking tags.
However, don’t dare mistake BrightTag for a tag container system.
“The container approach does not scale; containers are just another way to encourage more third-party tags to be pushed through an already overloaded browser,” Kiven said. “As browser-based tags continue to proliferate — either fueled by the advent of tag management solutions or from continued industry growth — both data collection and the site users’ experience become slow and unstable.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than