Partner vs. Provider: Bringing Strategy Back to Search
ADOTAS – In today’s market, choosing the right partner to execute your PPC search program is critical. But how do you know you’re selecting a true partner — one that will examine your needs and put a plan in place to achieve your full potential — versus a service provider that merely executes a particular action?
The debate is not new to the space. In fact, it’s one of the most common historical debates in all forms of commerce.
How much do you entrust your advertising campaigns to your partners? A shocking number of marketers are relying on service providers, flipping the switch on their automated bid platforms for PPC and walking away. But truly effective search takes so much more strategy, resources and the all-important human touch required to efficiently meet goals.
When looking for the perfect partner for your campaign, it’s important to keep a few key questions and practices in mind while making this critical decision. Here’s a closer look at how to identify a true partner.
Does your partner help you identify your goals and objectives? Search should not be an aimless venture. After all, you are investing in PPC for a reason.
The first step of any campaign should be to figure out what that reason is. Are you trying to lower your cost per acquisition? Or do you want to drive more traffic to your lead form?
A great partner will help you identify those goals and work with you to map KPIs and reports directly to your goals so that together you can quickly and efficiently test, tweak and optimize campaign performance.
Once you have identified your goals, the next step is to map out a strategy to achieve them. A partner should be able to help you understand, create and implement all the critical components that make up your ideal PPC strategy – from keyword selection to creative development to a unique landing page designed to keep people engaged and direct them toward the intended action, whether that is filling out a lead form or converting into a sale.
On the other hand, a service provider who is not invested in your success will typically deliver a generic one-pager highlighting their offerings, leaving it up to you to piece together a strategy on your own.
The Optimization Cycle
Whatever your goals and strategy might be, the optimization cycle must be viewed as critical and continuous. This is where a human touch and expert eye can really make a difference on your bottom line. Campaign performance can vary by the day of week, time of day, season or countless other factors, and continuous testing, refining and optimizing is the only way to ensure you are maximizing the performance potential of your campaign.
It’s uncommon for businesses to have the dedicated resources to handle this continuous process, and even if the resources are available in house, a third-party partner brings experience, expertise and the added benefit of being able to leverage insights and trends across verticals to more quickly and efficiently optimize campaign performance.
Communication is key when you are entrusting your campaign strategy to a partner. You should never have to wonder how your advertising is performing or what steps are being implemented to improve results.
When evaluating partners, ask to see examples of reports they provide clients. They should be clear and include actionable insights. Having a dedicated account management contact or team that is available to walk through reports, discuss campaign strategy and other day-to-day activities is also important and can help increase your organization’s knowledge of how PPC performance impacts other channels and bottom-line business goals.
Lastly, it’s a good idea to look for a partner whose economic interests are aligned with yours. Some service providers have moved toward a performance-based model, and they will share in the risk for sub-optimal performance and benefit from great performance. When your partner’s bottom line relies on yours, you can rest assured they are going to go the extra mile to ensure you succeed!
Armed with the above considerations, organizations can find an ideal partner to help them achieve their search marketing goals more efficiently.
- Pingback from Advanced PPC Optimization Tips for adCenter: Bidding by Match Type | Pay Per Click Sites
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than