IBM Slaps More Services on Smarter Commerce Platform
ADOTAS – It’s been absolutely amazing to watch IBM’s transformation since it gave up its PC business to Lenovo. After acquiring one online media analytics company after another, the former hardware giant has turned into a serious digital marketing player, a move sealed with the launch of its Smarter Commerce comprehensive digital marketing suite.
As I learned talking to Yuchun Lee, vice president and general manager of IBM’s Enterprise Marketing Management Group (and, not to forget, Unica founder), the platform was designed with an open architecture to leave room for digital marketing channels to come. So it’s not a surprise that improvements on the platform keep arriving like aspiring starlets in L.A. In fact, at its Smarter Commerce Global Summit in San Diego, IBM has introduced a slew of new services.
The most notable is Commerce-as-a-Service, which automates the bundling process (configuring, pricing, quoting) for offers, integrates a payment system and allows for real-time monitoring of supplier interactions. In addition, the service features cross-channel selling that connects web stores to mobile devices, social networks and other channels, while integrating customer sales data across online and offline channels.
Also new in the mix:
- Social Media Marketing that employs natural language processing to deduce consumer sentiment regarding a brand and assist with personalized offers.
- A digital exchange added to the Digital Marketing Optimization service, which will facilitate the tagging, collection and syndication of customer sentiment.
- A consulting service called the Global Center of Competence for Smarter Commerce.
- Business Analytics and Optimization — Customer Analytics Diagnostic will analyze sales and marketing segmentation and provide recommendations on delivering the right message at the right time to the right customer segment.
- Smarter Commerce Enterprise Marketing Management Assessment will assess a client’s overall marketing approach and assemble a roadmap for improving customer engagement, cross-channel integration and marketing operations.
- Supply Chain Visibility Assessment promises to shrink the time between order and fulfillment through improved transparency in the supply chain.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — After months of speculation, Facebook has finally announced [...] more »
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify … these services [...] more »
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Cannes Lions is underway. The International Festival of [...] more »
- VIDEO: Be On Integrates Emotion Measurement Platform Into Branded Video Campaigns June 14th 2013 LONDON, June 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Be On, AOL’s global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013
- Lost in Translation: Bridging the Chasm Between ‘Search Engine’ and ‘Marketing’ Through Entity Ads June 13th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- Amit Goswami: Success of display programmatic IO is built on matured interoperable audience targeting standard. It wont
- Tom: Great infographic! Informative and fun.
- The Pageview Industrial Complex - Marketing Talent Inc - Marketing Talent Inc: [...] eye-tracking advertising test to date has demonstrated that consumers have developed a keen “banner
- clypd discusses challenges with cross-channel attribution | clypd: [...] Conversion Attribution In Cross-Channel Marketing: Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due [...]