IBM Slaps More Services on Smarter Commerce Platform
ADOTAS – It’s been absolutely amazing to watch IBM’s transformation since it gave up its PC business to Lenovo. After acquiring one online media analytics company after another, the former hardware giant has turned into a serious digital marketing player, a move sealed with the launch of its Smarter Commerce comprehensive digital marketing suite.
As I learned talking to Yuchun Lee, vice president and general manager of IBM’s Enterprise Marketing Management Group (and, not to forget, Unica founder), the platform was designed with an open architecture to leave room for digital marketing channels to come. So it’s not a surprise that improvements on the platform keep arriving like aspiring starlets in L.A. In fact, at its Smarter Commerce Global Summit in San Diego, IBM has introduced a slew of new services.
The most notable is Commerce-as-a-Service, which automates the bundling process (configuring, pricing, quoting) for offers, integrates a payment system and allows for real-time monitoring of supplier interactions. In addition, the service features cross-channel selling that connects web stores to mobile devices, social networks and other channels, while integrating customer sales data across online and offline channels.
Also new in the mix:
- Social Media Marketing that employs natural language processing to deduce consumer sentiment regarding a brand and assist with personalized offers.
- A digital exchange added to the Digital Marketing Optimization service, which will facilitate the tagging, collection and syndication of customer sentiment.
- A consulting service called the Global Center of Competence for Smarter Commerce.
- Business Analytics and Optimization — Customer Analytics Diagnostic will analyze sales and marketing segmentation and provide recommendations on delivering the right message at the right time to the right customer segment.
- Smarter Commerce Enterprise Marketing Management Assessment will assess a client’s overall marketing approach and assemble a roadmap for improving customer engagement, cross-channel integration and marketing operations.
- Supply Chain Visibility Assessment promises to shrink the time between order and fulfillment through improved transparency in the supply chain.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]