IBM Slaps More Services on Smarter Commerce Platform
ADOTAS – It’s been absolutely amazing to watch IBM’s transformation since it gave up its PC business to Lenovo. After acquiring one online media analytics company after another, the former hardware giant has turned into a serious digital marketing player, a move sealed with the launch of its Smarter Commerce comprehensive digital marketing suite.
As I learned talking to Yuchun Lee, vice president and general manager of IBM’s Enterprise Marketing Management Group (and, not to forget, Unica founder), the platform was designed with an open architecture to leave room for digital marketing channels to come. So it’s not a surprise that improvements on the platform keep arriving like aspiring starlets in L.A. In fact, at its Smarter Commerce Global Summit in San Diego, IBM has introduced a slew of new services.
The most notable is Commerce-as-a-Service, which automates the bundling process (configuring, pricing, quoting) for offers, integrates a payment system and allows for real-time monitoring of supplier interactions. In addition, the service features cross-channel selling that connects web stores to mobile devices, social networks and other channels, while integrating customer sales data across online and offline channels.
Also new in the mix:
- Social Media Marketing that employs natural language processing to deduce consumer sentiment regarding a brand and assist with personalized offers.
- A digital exchange added to the Digital Marketing Optimization service, which will facilitate the tagging, collection and syndication of customer sentiment.
- A consulting service called the Global Center of Competence for Smarter Commerce.
- Business Analytics and Optimization — Customer Analytics Diagnostic will analyze sales and marketing segmentation and provide recommendations on delivering the right message at the right time to the right customer segment.
- Smarter Commerce Enterprise Marketing Management Assessment will assess a client’s overall marketing approach and assemble a roadmap for improving customer engagement, cross-channel integration and marketing operations.
- Supply Chain Visibility Assessment promises to shrink the time between order and fulfillment through improved transparency in the supply chain.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and