IBM Slaps More Services on Smarter Commerce Platform
ADOTAS – It’s been absolutely amazing to watch IBM’s transformation since it gave up its PC business to Lenovo. After acquiring one online media analytics company after another, the former hardware giant has turned into a serious digital marketing player, a move sealed with the launch of its Smarter Commerce comprehensive digital marketing suite.
As I learned talking to Yuchun Lee, vice president and general manager of IBM’s Enterprise Marketing Management Group (and, not to forget, Unica founder), the platform was designed with an open architecture to leave room for digital marketing channels to come. So it’s not a surprise that improvements on the platform keep arriving like aspiring starlets in L.A. In fact, at its Smarter Commerce Global Summit in San Diego, IBM has introduced a slew of new services.
The most notable is Commerce-as-a-Service, which automates the bundling process (configuring, pricing, quoting) for offers, integrates a payment system and allows for real-time monitoring of supplier interactions. In addition, the service features cross-channel selling that connects web stores to mobile devices, social networks and other channels, while integrating customer sales data across online and offline channels.
Also new in the mix:
- Social Media Marketing that employs natural language processing to deduce consumer sentiment regarding a brand and assist with personalized offers.
- A digital exchange added to the Digital Marketing Optimization service, which will facilitate the tagging, collection and syndication of customer sentiment.
- A consulting service called the Global Center of Competence for Smarter Commerce.
- Business Analytics and Optimization — Customer Analytics Diagnostic will analyze sales and marketing segmentation and provide recommendations on delivering the right message at the right time to the right customer segment.
- Smarter Commerce Enterprise Marketing Management Assessment will assess a client’s overall marketing approach and assemble a roadmap for improving customer engagement, cross-channel integration and marketing operations.
- Supply Chain Visibility Assessment promises to shrink the time between order and fulfillment through improved transparency in the supply chain.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Vertical Search Works Acquires addGloo
- BlueKai Partners with MoPub to Help App Developers Drive Audience Targeting
- Vdopia Inc. Hires Veteran Adtech Exec Shulman as SVP, Sales
- Visual IQ and Marin Software Formalize Strategic Partnership
- Sojern Doubles YOY Revenue, Increases Global Data Footprint to Over 200M Traveler Profiles