What Fuels Social Media Marketers?
COVARIO – A few months back, on our Actionable Insights blog, we published a study on What Fuels Search Marketers… at an industry cocktail party we sponsored. Well, we recently sponsored another cocktail party at MediaPost’s Social Media Insider Summit, and we thought it would be fun to do the same study at that event too. So let’s take a look at What Fuels Social Media Marketers. (Note: To ensure an appletini-to-appletini comparison on the number of attendees, we combined two (2) of the SMIS cocktail parties to the 1 Search cocktail party).
Like their Earned Media counterparts, Social Media Marketers primarily prefer beer, but not to the same extent. While almost half of Search Marketers preferred beer (45%), we found that Social Marketers were closer to a third for guzzling the brew (38%). These Socialites also have a slightly higher preference for premium beers than Search Marketers.
Following their love for beer was cocktails at 32%; a close second. Of the Cocktails, the shocker was how much vodka was favored to the other drinks. At 46%, vodka beat out the second place bourbon (20%). All the other cocktails paled in comparison to the supremacy of vodka and bourbon.
So, what really made these social marketers differ from their search counterparts? Their love of wine! We saw that the Socialites drank twice as much wine as the Searchers (30% vs 15%).
With only slight differences from category to category, it seems that Socialites were far more even in their drink choice than the Searchers. And they appear to be more social, since the Socialites drank an average of two drinks each and talked a lot more with each other versus Searchers who drank an average of three drinks each, leaving less time for networking and spending more time in line to order another drink.
Actionable Insight #1: The actionable insight following this event is clear – if Searchers want to appeal to the Social Influencers, all they need is equal parts vodka, wine and Sierra Nevada. Plus, the Searchers will need to grab another drink for the Socialites, when they get another drink for themselves.
Cross-published at the Covario Actionable Insights blog.
What a humorous post!
“And they [social media marketers] appear to be more social.” Although that sounds obvious, being a socialite is a good indicator of a good social marketer.
Interesting and useless. Ah good money spent.
Leave a Comment
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use
- What You Need To Know To Get Ahead In Video Advertising | Setting the PACE: [...] results of new research into online video advertising in the form of this infographic,
- conversion optimization examples | JIM BULDO: [...] SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social MarketingADOTAS, on Fri, 07 Mar 2014