What Fuels Social Media Marketers?
COVARIO – A few months back, on our Actionable Insights blog, we published a study on What Fuels Search Marketers… at an industry cocktail party we sponsored. Well, we recently sponsored another cocktail party at MediaPost’s Social Media Insider Summit, and we thought it would be fun to do the same study at that event too. So let’s take a look at What Fuels Social Media Marketers. (Note: To ensure an appletini-to-appletini comparison on the number of attendees, we combined two (2) of the SMIS cocktail parties to the 1 Search cocktail party).
Like their Earned Media counterparts, Social Media Marketers primarily prefer beer, but not to the same extent. While almost half of Search Marketers preferred beer (45%), we found that Social Marketers were closer to a third for guzzling the brew (38%). These Socialites also have a slightly higher preference for premium beers than Search Marketers.
Following their love for beer was cocktails at 32%; a close second. Of the Cocktails, the shocker was how much vodka was favored to the other drinks. At 46%, vodka beat out the second place bourbon (20%). All the other cocktails paled in comparison to the supremacy of vodka and bourbon.
So, what really made these social marketers differ from their search counterparts? Their love of wine! We saw that the Socialites drank twice as much wine as the Searchers (30% vs 15%).
With only slight differences from category to category, it seems that Socialites were far more even in their drink choice than the Searchers. And they appear to be more social, since the Socialites drank an average of two drinks each and talked a lot more with each other versus Searchers who drank an average of three drinks each, leaving less time for networking and spending more time in line to order another drink.
Actionable Insight #1: The actionable insight following this event is clear – if Searchers want to appeal to the Social Influencers, all they need is equal parts vodka, wine and Sierra Nevada. Plus, the Searchers will need to grab another drink for the Socialites, when they get another drink for themselves.
Cross-published at the Covario Actionable Insights blog.
What a humorous post!
“And they [social media marketers] appear to be more social.” Although that sounds obvious, being a socialite is a good indicator of a good social marketer.
Interesting and useless. Ah good money spent.
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Fiverr® Launches iPhone App: Puts 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand December 10th 2013 NEW YORK, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Fiverr®, the world’s [...] more »
- American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than