Quite the Crowd at Affiliate Summit Meet Market
ADOTAS – Affiliate Summit East 2011 kicked off on Sunday in the Hilton New York with the Meet Market, a jam-packed networking with agencies, affiliates, networks and merchants chatting away about offers, CPAs and… Well, the locations of the hottest parties, of course.
I said hi to the Blue Phoenix Media crew, jawed a bit with the AdKnowledge folks, got into a discussion with the MediaWhiz kids, had a good back-and-forth with the Optizmo team and generally hobknobbed with the brightest bulbs of the performance marketing space. The AdConion guys grabbed a lot of attention (including mine) by offering free beer to passerby while the ClickBooth peeps were likely gushing about how awesome this year’s party was going to be. (In terms of schwag, I also picked up some much-needed sunglasses bearing a MediaTrust logo — stylin’!).
I happily ran into affiliate marketing blogger Murray Newlands, who should really be classified as an “author” considering his first book, “Online Marketing: A User’s Guide,” just arrived on bookstore shelves (and e-bookstore inventory directories). Looking stunningly fit (gotta ask him about his workout routine), he updated me on the happenings of the San Francisco Blog Club and The Affiliate Marketing Awards, and afterward I begged him to send me more contributed bylines.
And I would have been quite remiss not to say hello to Affiliate Summit cofounder Missy Ward herself — especially after that surprisingly intimate email Q&A we recently had. Ward was manning the booth for Affiliate Marketers Give Back and selling the few remaining bottles of her signature Signorina wine, proceeds of which go to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. The wine lover/hard rock fan could barely contain her excitement that an Australian friend had secured her a bottle of AC/DC’s new signature cabernet sauvignon (called “Highway to Hell”), which is not yet available Stateside.
Come 6 p.m. when the various companies were rolling up the remaining schwag on their tables, it felt a lot less like closing down than time to head to the next party — after all, the first night of Affiliate Summit had just arrived.
(Sorry some of the pics appear upside down — I blame WordPress!)
It was great to see all of the activity in the Meet Market. We try to make the aisles wider and people just fill in the space anyway.
that was one fun and full day with many new faces and partners
great coverage and thanks for including team MediaTrust !
Shawn congrates to you and Missy. that seemed like a packed show…
Leave a Comment
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that