Quite the Crowd at Affiliate Summit Meet Market
ADOTAS – Affiliate Summit East 2011 kicked off on Sunday in the Hilton New York with the Meet Market, a jam-packed networking with agencies, affiliates, networks and merchants chatting away about offers, CPAs and… Well, the locations of the hottest parties, of course.
I said hi to the Blue Phoenix Media crew, jawed a bit with the AdKnowledge folks, got into a discussion with the MediaWhiz kids, had a good back-and-forth with the Optizmo team and generally hobknobbed with the brightest bulbs of the performance marketing space. The AdConion guys grabbed a lot of attention (including mine) by offering free beer to passerby while the ClickBooth peeps were likely gushing about how awesome this year’s party was going to be. (In terms of schwag, I also picked up some much-needed sunglasses bearing a MediaTrust logo — stylin’!).
I happily ran into affiliate marketing blogger Murray Newlands, who should really be classified as an “author” considering his first book, “Online Marketing: A User’s Guide,” just arrived on bookstore shelves (and e-bookstore inventory directories). Looking stunningly fit (gotta ask him about his workout routine), he updated me on the happenings of the San Francisco Blog Club and The Affiliate Marketing Awards, and afterward I begged him to send me more contributed bylines.
And I would have been quite remiss not to say hello to Affiliate Summit cofounder Missy Ward herself — especially after that surprisingly intimate email Q&A we recently had. Ward was manning the booth for Affiliate Marketers Give Back and selling the few remaining bottles of her signature Signorina wine, proceeds of which go to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. The wine lover/hard rock fan could barely contain her excitement that an Australian friend had secured her a bottle of AC/DC’s new signature cabernet sauvignon (called “Highway to Hell”), which is not yet available Stateside.
Come 6 p.m. when the various companies were rolling up the remaining schwag on their tables, it felt a lot less like closing down than time to head to the next party — after all, the first night of Affiliate Summit had just arrived.
(Sorry some of the pics appear upside down — I blame WordPress!)
It was great to see all of the activity in the Meet Market. We try to make the aisles wider and people just fill in the space anyway.
that was one fun and full day with many new faces and partners
great coverage and thanks for including team MediaTrust !
Shawn congrates to you and Missy. that seemed like a packed show…
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]