Mobile Summer Movie Ads More Engaging Than Actual Films
ADOTAS – I once considered myself a movie buff, but I’ll admit I haven’t been hitting the cinema much these days (especially as New York movie ticket prices tend to float around $15). And I haven’t certainly haven’t seen a single movie during this summer of comic book heroes (I’m on a strict Batman diet — next summer, oh yeah!), sequels and remakes.
Just last weekend saw the trifecta, with the release of the remake/comic book hero movie of “Conan the Barbarian” (What was wrong with the Ah-nold version?!?), ”Spy Kids 4″ (There was a “Spy Kids 3″?) and “Fright Night” (while the original is awesome, I’m actually intrigued by this remake — two words: David Tennant). All of these films had lousy first weekend takes — apparently I’m not the only one sick of celluloid chum.
Well, even if the films lack even an ounce of creativity or charisma, we can be impressed by the ingenuity in the cinematic marketing campaigns. We’ve come a long way from 30-second previews on television. Just check out this infographic from Crisp Media detailing the many ways mobile users engaged with advertisements for films served to their devices — the total interaction rate was a blockbuster 11.4%. Now if only 11.4% of Hollywood movies were any good….
- Android users are twice as likely to tap a banner ad than iPhone users
- iPhone viewers use the swipe motion 143% more than Android users.
- 57% of mobile users tapped to play a video.
- Animated banner ads are 4.5 times more effective than static ads.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s