Mobile Summer Movie Ads More Engaging Than Actual Films
ADOTAS – I once considered myself a movie buff, but I’ll admit I haven’t been hitting the cinema much these days (especially as New York movie ticket prices tend to float around $15). And I haven’t certainly haven’t seen a single movie during this summer of comic book heroes (I’m on a strict Batman diet — next summer, oh yeah!), sequels and remakes.
Just last weekend saw the trifecta, with the release of the remake/comic book hero movie of “Conan the Barbarian” (What was wrong with the Ah-nold version?!?), ”Spy Kids 4″ (There was a “Spy Kids 3″?) and “Fright Night” (while the original is awesome, I’m actually intrigued by this remake — two words: David Tennant). All of these films had lousy first weekend takes — apparently I’m not the only one sick of celluloid chum.
Well, even if the films lack even an ounce of creativity or charisma, we can be impressed by the ingenuity in the cinematic marketing campaigns. We’ve come a long way from 30-second previews on television. Just check out this infographic from Crisp Media detailing the many ways mobile users engaged with advertisements for films served to their devices — the total interaction rate was a blockbuster 11.4%. Now if only 11.4% of Hollywood movies were any good….
- Android users are twice as likely to tap a banner ad than iPhone users
- iPhone viewers use the swipe motion 143% more than Android users.
- 57% of mobile users tapped to play a video.
- Animated banner ads are 4.5 times more effective than static ads.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Appia Launches Native Ads for App Discovery December 4th 2013 DURHAM, NC, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Appia, the leading mobile user [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lenovo Names TubeMogul Its Global Partner for Programmatic Video Advertising December 4th 2013 EMERYVILLE, Calif., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Today, TubeMogul was [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Content Marketer
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be