Got Funds? $54 Million More in Buddy Media’s Coffers
ADOTAS – Buddy Media has added $54 million more to its impressive venture capital haul in a Series D round led by GGV Capital partner Jeff Richards, who also joined the board of directors. GGV was joined in the round by fellow existing investors Institutional Venture Partners and Bay Partners as well as new kid Insight Venture Partners.
“Buddy Media has a proven management team, sustained revenue growth and a massive market opportunity,” Richards commented. “The company is the market leader in a category that sits at the intersection of social media and software-as-a-service (SaaS), two of the largest and fastest growing markets in the technology industry.”
The enterprise social media platform manager has raised $90 million in venture funding, including a $23 million Series C round followed by an extra $5 million investment by WPP last October.
This latest round will go towards doubling the product, sales and support staff — which is kind of crazy considering that Buddy Media team has grown from 40 employees in 2009 to more than 200 currently. In addition, the investment will be used to open more global offices (European headquarter were established in London last month with former comScore exec Luca Benni taking the reins as managing director for Europe) and additional strategic acquisitions.
Buddy Media notes that it has added 200 companies as clients so far bin 2011, including big brands like Ford and Hearst. At the beginning of the year, the platform won a TechCrunch “Crunchie” Award for Best Enterprise Application. In addition, CEO and Founder Michael Lazerow, who we’ve had the pleasure of conversing with once or twice, was named New York Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in June.
Oh, but that’s not all — the very busy Buddy Media acquired social commerce and analytics platform Spinback in May to illustrate social ROI to clients. In June, the company introduced branded social media applications (dubbed “sapplets”) with a variety of engagement features, available on the Facebook pages of various Hearst publications such as Cosmopolitan and Seventeen. And just last month, Buddy Media added Twitter publishing to its roster of services.
It even brought on board some impressive tech names, with original Facebook ad sales man Kevin Colleran joining the board of directors; Yahoo! and Vibrant Media veteran Dennis Morgan taking over as CFO; and MediaLink chairman and CEO Michael Kassan just being named a special advisor to Lazerow.
- Pingback from Adotas: Got Funds? $54 Million More In Buddy Media’s Coffers | In The News | Newsroom | Buddy Media
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and