Got Funds? $54 Million More in Buddy Media’s Coffers
ADOTAS – Buddy Media has added $54 million more to its impressive venture capital haul in a Series D round led by GGV Capital partner Jeff Richards, who also joined the board of directors. GGV was joined in the round by fellow existing investors Institutional Venture Partners and Bay Partners as well as new kid Insight Venture Partners.
“Buddy Media has a proven management team, sustained revenue growth and a massive market opportunity,” Richards commented. “The company is the market leader in a category that sits at the intersection of social media and software-as-a-service (SaaS), two of the largest and fastest growing markets in the technology industry.”
The enterprise social media platform manager has raised $90 million in venture funding, including a $23 million Series C round followed by an extra $5 million investment by WPP last October.
This latest round will go towards doubling the product, sales and support staff — which is kind of crazy considering that Buddy Media team has grown from 40 employees in 2009 to more than 200 currently. In addition, the investment will be used to open more global offices (European headquarter were established in London last month with former comScore exec Luca Benni taking the reins as managing director for Europe) and additional strategic acquisitions.
Buddy Media notes that it has added 200 companies as clients so far bin 2011, including big brands like Ford and Hearst. At the beginning of the year, the platform won a TechCrunch “Crunchie” Award for Best Enterprise Application. In addition, CEO and Founder Michael Lazerow, who we’ve had the pleasure of conversing with once or twice, was named New York Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in June.
Oh, but that’s not all — the very busy Buddy Media acquired social commerce and analytics platform Spinback in May to illustrate social ROI to clients. In June, the company introduced branded social media applications (dubbed “sapplets”) with a variety of engagement features, available on the Facebook pages of various Hearst publications such as Cosmopolitan and Seventeen. And just last month, Buddy Media added Twitter publishing to its roster of services.
It even brought on board some impressive tech names, with original Facebook ad sales man Kevin Colleran joining the board of directors; Yahoo! and Vibrant Media veteran Dennis Morgan taking over as CFO; and MediaLink chairman and CEO Michael Kassan just being named a special advisor to Lazerow.
- Pingback from Adotas: Got Funds? $54 Million More In Buddy Media’s Coffers | In The News | Newsroom | Buddy Media
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]