Subway Taps Velti as Exclusive Mobile Marketing Partner
ADOTAS – 2011 is not the year of mobile, Hipcricket’s Jeff Hasen recently commented to Adotas — “This is the year brands choose their mobile partners.”
Today brings some corroboration to that claim with the news that chain sandwich shop Subway has chosen London-based mobile marketing firm Velti as its mobile technology provider, consolidating its global mobile marketing efforts to a single platform. If you didn’t hear, Subway recently passed McDonald’s in number of restaurants worldwide — I bet Ronald is a sad clown now.
Set to be launched in 24,000 U.S. locations this summer with a global rollout later this year, Subway’s big mobile marketing push will include mobile apps and a mobile website that not only share menu information and nutritional facts, but also enable consumers to order food and arrange for pickup at the nearest franchise. No doubt couponing will find its way into the mix.
Velti launched its mGage platform back in January 2010, promising marketing strategy alongside the tools for campaign execution. In October 2010, Velti bolstered its tools with the acquisition of mobile ad exchange Mobclix.
“Subway is poised to set a new standard in mobile marketing,” said Velti CEO Alex Moukas. “The penetration of mobile devices worldwide coupled with Subway presence in more than 90 countries will allow Subway to implement innovative global and local campaigns to drive in-store traffic, customer loyalty and brand engagement.”
“When do I get to meet Jared?” he added.
- Pingback from Subway Taps Velti as Exclusive Mobile Marketing Partner – Internet Marketing for Everyone!
Leave a Comment
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; Ad Serving, Direct Deals & OTT Drive SpotX’s Growth; Jenny Jones Joins Telmar NA
- Loi Sapin 2.0: Parlez-vous Transparency? What the New French Law Means for Global Marketers
- They’re Here! SMS, Chatbots & a Halo of AI
- Rapt Media and Kaltura Team Up
- Ad-Juster Launches New Concierge Service from NYC; Promotes Sharon Smith; Brings in James Lane & Joseph Justin Lewis