Right Media Exchange (Better) Enables Private Marketplaces
ADOTAS – Open marketplaces are so 2009; private marketplaces — whether they’re premium publishers setting up closed exchanges and controlling inventory available for RTB, or advertisers creating customized publisher lists through media management platforms — are all the rage now.
Hell, even Yahoo! Right Media Exchange is getting in on it: Right Media Head and Vice President of Marketplaces Ramsey McGrory, who suffered through an Adotas interrogation last year, writes on the RMX blog about new seller controls that enable seat holders to build pub-controlled transactional environments based on their preferences and partnerships with various advertisers… It sounds like a private marketplace!
But wait — “RMX has enabled private marketplaces since its inception in 2005, offering features such as linking, Marketplace Select and now real-time bidding at scale,” McGrory writes. Apparently Right Media has been ahead of the curve all along.
In general, the new seller controls give the supply side a lot more leverage in the RTB game. First, they allow sellers to choose the amount and type of inventory they want to offer through RTB, as well as set reserve prices for various types of inventory sold on specific channels, including distinct prices for RTB and non-RTB buyers.
To determine how much inventory to make available for each RTB buyer, sellers can analyze the bid-vs.-buy rates. In sharing data with buyers, sellers can set transparency levels by Publisher ID, Publisher URL, Channel, Section ID, Section Code and Site ID.
RightMedia has faced quality issues since the start, with everything from being inundated by viruses to a dozen junk networks using it to defraud.
With Ramsey at the head, things have changed. Good work!
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than