Right Media Exchange (Better) Enables Private Marketplaces
ADOTAS – Open marketplaces are so 2009; private marketplaces — whether they’re premium publishers setting up closed exchanges and controlling inventory available for RTB, or advertisers creating customized publisher lists through media management platforms — are all the rage now.
Hell, even Yahoo! Right Media Exchange is getting in on it: Right Media Head and Vice President of Marketplaces Ramsey McGrory, who suffered through an Adotas interrogation last year, writes on the RMX blog about new seller controls that enable seat holders to build pub-controlled transactional environments based on their preferences and partnerships with various advertisers… It sounds like a private marketplace!
But wait — “RMX has enabled private marketplaces since its inception in 2005, offering features such as linking, Marketplace Select and now real-time bidding at scale,” McGrory writes. Apparently Right Media has been ahead of the curve all along.
In general, the new seller controls give the supply side a lot more leverage in the RTB game. First, they allow sellers to choose the amount and type of inventory they want to offer through RTB, as well as set reserve prices for various types of inventory sold on specific channels, including distinct prices for RTB and non-RTB buyers.
To determine how much inventory to make available for each RTB buyer, sellers can analyze the bid-vs.-buy rates. In sharing data with buyers, sellers can set transparency levels by Publisher ID, Publisher URL, Channel, Section ID, Section Code and Site ID.
RightMedia has faced quality issues since the start, with everything from being inundated by viruses to a dozen junk networks using it to defraud.
With Ramsey at the head, things have changed. Good work!
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]