Quick Hits: GetJar Bites Its Thumb at Apple
ADOTAS – Last week, cross-platform, independent app depot GetJar, which recently integrated Facebook into version 3.0 of its mobile website and acquired app discovery service Infrinity, received a cease-and-desist order from Apple regarding the use of the term “app store.” GetJar’s response? “Hell no!” Check out its reasons for pooh-poohing Apple’s demands, and Mobile Marketer’s analysis of Apple’s legal options.
CNet reports that in June Apple was ordered by a South Korean District Judge to pay a whopping 1 million won to a South Korean man for inadvertently tracking his location through his iOS device. Apple has paid the fine, equivalent to $945. Drinks are on that guy tonight!
Buddy Media has just added Twitter publishing to its social media brand management platform. Cofounder and CEO Michael Lazerow, who we have chatted up more than once, also penned an article for AdAge about developments with Facebook Places.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Nexage Reports 227 Percent Growth in Programmatic Spend
- Targeted Victory Pilots New Cross-Device DMP Solution
- Adaptive Medias, Inc. Announces Agreement to Raise $5.2 Million in Private Placement
- New Mobile Ad Report From Millward Brown Digital Shows Location and Social Data Is Critical
- Kitara Media to Present at 5th Annual Craig-Hallum Alpha Select Conference