Insurance, Lawyers Top Most Expensive Google Keyword Categories
ADOTAS – Back in 2009, ad research depot AdGooroo reported that “mesothelioma” cracked the $100 price barrier for a Google keyword on AdWords, causing many Internet marketers to comment, “What the hell is that?” Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer caused by asbestos — the high price tag denoted the amount lawyers were willing to pay for leads for potential suits.
However, “Cancers” is not one of the categories in Wordstream’s top 20 most-expensive keyword groups study, which weighted the most expensive keywords against search volume by category. Mesothelioma appears along with cancers in “Treatments,” no. 19.
The insurance segment owns about a quarter of the most expensive CPC keywords on AdWords, including “ca automobile insurance,” which I imagine is very lucrative. The top CPC comes in $54.91, which isn’t that much more expensive than the $44.28 top CPC for category 2, Loans, which boasts 12.8% of the most expensive CPCs. No surprise, mortgage came in third with 9% and a top CPC of $47.12.
Attorney-related keywords represent 3.6% of the most expensive keywords (top CPC: $47.07) while Lawyer accounted for 3% ($42.51).
Check out this handy infographic for more interesting data:
thank you for the mention! the complete study results are here: http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2011/07/18/most-expensive-google-adwords-keywords
“Treatment” such as cancer treatment, mesothelioma treatment (etc.) was our #19 keyword category.
Leave a Comment
- Brands Bring Tricks and Treats to Instagram for Halloween
- Honda’s Double-Sided Story on YouTube Allows Users to Switch Between Perfectly Parallel Lives
- Innovid Breaks Down The Anatomy of the Fragmented Consumer In The Cross-Device Video Landscape
- PunchTab Releases 2014 Holiday Shopping Insights: 90% of Consumers Will Shop Online
- Publicis Groupe Acquires Data-Driven Digital Ad Management Platform RUN