Insurance, Lawyers Top Most Expensive Google Keyword Categories
ADOTAS – Back in 2009, ad research depot AdGooroo reported that “mesothelioma” cracked the $100 price barrier for a Google keyword on AdWords, causing many Internet marketers to comment, “What the hell is that?” Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer caused by asbestos — the high price tag denoted the amount lawyers were willing to pay for leads for potential suits.
However, “Cancers” is not one of the categories in Wordstream’s top 20 most-expensive keyword groups study, which weighted the most expensive keywords against search volume by category. Mesothelioma appears along with cancers in “Treatments,” no. 19.
The insurance segment owns about a quarter of the most expensive CPC keywords on AdWords, including “ca automobile insurance,” which I imagine is very lucrative. The top CPC comes in $54.91, which isn’t that much more expensive than the $44.28 top CPC for category 2, Loans, which boasts 12.8% of the most expensive CPCs. No surprise, mortgage came in third with 9% and a top CPC of $47.12.
Attorney-related keywords represent 3.6% of the most expensive keywords (top CPC: $47.07) while Lawyer accounted for 3% ($42.51).
Check out this handy infographic for more interesting data:
thank you for the mention! the complete study results are here: http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2011/07/18/most-expensive-google-adwords-keywords
“Treatment” such as cancer treatment, mesothelioma treatment (etc.) was our #19 keyword category.
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s