Got Funds: Does Venture Capital Grow on Trees?
ADOTAS – I apologize — I’ve been obsessing over Google+ identity issues (some great comments from virtual identity proponents) DMPs and web analytics, so I haven’t been able to catch up on the crazy amount of funding news on the wire. But I’m here to hit the highlights one by one:
Mobile ad network Mojiva brought home $25 million in a Series C round of funding led by Shamrock Capital Advisors with additional participation from previous investors Pelion Venture Partners and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments.
Social loyalty platform Badegeville, which launched its Dynamic Game Engine last month,closed a $12 million Series B round led by Norwest Venture Partners and El Dorado Ventures and featuring participation from existing investors Trinity Ventures and Webb Investment Network.
MoPub, founded by ex-Googlers and AdMobbers, scored $6.5 million in a round led by Accel Partners with participation from Harrison Metal Capital, both of whom donated seed funding back in December. MoPub sounds like a self-serve, supply-side platform for mobile websites and apps that hooks up with major mobile ad networks like AdMob, Jumptap and Millennial Media.
WordWatch, an SEM widget service aimed at small businesses, raised $1.4 million in a Series A institutional round of funding led by Credo Ventures.
Getyoo, which develops NFC solutions for the events and meetings crowd (think digital business cards that can be added to a mobile contact list with a tap), scored £600,000 (about $850,000) in seed funding from Eric Bigeard, the former CEO of European office supplies magnate Lyreco. As Weezer would say, this is beginning to get serious.
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s