Got Funds: Does Venture Capital Grow on Trees?
ADOTAS – I apologize — I’ve been obsessing over Google+ identity issues (some great comments from virtual identity proponents) DMPs and web analytics, so I haven’t been able to catch up on the crazy amount of funding news on the wire. But I’m here to hit the highlights one by one:
Mobile ad network Mojiva brought home $25 million in a Series C round of funding led by Shamrock Capital Advisors with additional participation from previous investors Pelion Venture Partners and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments.
Social loyalty platform Badegeville, which launched its Dynamic Game Engine last month,closed a $12 million Series B round led by Norwest Venture Partners and El Dorado Ventures and featuring participation from existing investors Trinity Ventures and Webb Investment Network.
MoPub, founded by ex-Googlers and AdMobbers, scored $6.5 million in a round led by Accel Partners with participation from Harrison Metal Capital, both of whom donated seed funding back in December. MoPub sounds like a self-serve, supply-side platform for mobile websites and apps that hooks up with major mobile ad networks like AdMob, Jumptap and Millennial Media.
WordWatch, an SEM widget service aimed at small businesses, raised $1.4 million in a Series A institutional round of funding led by Credo Ventures.
Getyoo, which develops NFC solutions for the events and meetings crowd (think digital business cards that can be added to a mobile contact list with a tap), scored £600,000 (about $850,000) in seed funding from Eric Bigeard, the former CEO of European office supplies magnate Lyreco. As Weezer would say, this is beginning to get serious.
Leave a Comment
- What is value exchange and how is it an answer to ad blocking and fraud?
- Nielsen Total Audience Report Asks: With Nearly Unlimited Content Options, How Many Do Consumers Really Use?
- Advertiser Perceptions Report: 2016 Upfront/NewFronts Have Renewed Influence On Advertiser Spending
- UnrulyX, an Outstream Video SSP, To Unify Demand Sources For Publishers
- CIMM Partners with 4A’s to Explore Best Practices In Cross-Platform Attribution and ROI Analysis