Got Funds: Does Venture Capital Grow on Trees?
ADOTAS – I apologize — I’ve been obsessing over Google+ identity issues (some great comments from virtual identity proponents) DMPs and web analytics, so I haven’t been able to catch up on the crazy amount of funding news on the wire. But I’m here to hit the highlights one by one:
Mobile ad network Mojiva brought home $25 million in a Series C round of funding led by Shamrock Capital Advisors with additional participation from previous investors Pelion Venture Partners and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments.
Social loyalty platform Badegeville, which launched its Dynamic Game Engine last month,closed a $12 million Series B round led by Norwest Venture Partners and El Dorado Ventures and featuring participation from existing investors Trinity Ventures and Webb Investment Network.
MoPub, founded by ex-Googlers and AdMobbers, scored $6.5 million in a round led by Accel Partners with participation from Harrison Metal Capital, both of whom donated seed funding back in December. MoPub sounds like a self-serve, supply-side platform for mobile websites and apps that hooks up with major mobile ad networks like AdMob, Jumptap and Millennial Media.
WordWatch, an SEM widget service aimed at small businesses, raised $1.4 million in a Series A institutional round of funding led by Credo Ventures.
Getyoo, which develops NFC solutions for the events and meetings crowd (think digital business cards that can be added to a mobile contact list with a tap), scored £600,000 (about $850,000) in seed funding from Eric Bigeard, the former CEO of European office supplies magnate Lyreco. As Weezer would say, this is beginning to get serious.
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and