Got Funds: Does Venture Capital Grow on Trees?
ADOTAS – I apologize — I’ve been obsessing over Google+ identity issues (some great comments from virtual identity proponents) DMPs and web analytics, so I haven’t been able to catch up on the crazy amount of funding news on the wire. But I’m here to hit the highlights one by one:
Mobile ad network Mojiva brought home $25 million in a Series C round of funding led by Shamrock Capital Advisors with additional participation from previous investors Pelion Venture Partners and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments.
Social loyalty platform Badegeville, which launched its Dynamic Game Engine last month,closed a $12 million Series B round led by Norwest Venture Partners and El Dorado Ventures and featuring participation from existing investors Trinity Ventures and Webb Investment Network.
MoPub, founded by ex-Googlers and AdMobbers, scored $6.5 million in a round led by Accel Partners with participation from Harrison Metal Capital, both of whom donated seed funding back in December. MoPub sounds like a self-serve, supply-side platform for mobile websites and apps that hooks up with major mobile ad networks like AdMob, Jumptap and Millennial Media.
WordWatch, an SEM widget service aimed at small businesses, raised $1.4 million in a Series A institutional round of funding led by Credo Ventures.
Getyoo, which develops NFC solutions for the events and meetings crowd (think digital business cards that can be added to a mobile contact list with a tap), scored £600,000 (about $850,000) in seed funding from Eric Bigeard, the former CEO of European office supplies magnate Lyreco. As Weezer would say, this is beginning to get serious.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]