Xaxis Opens Audience Buying Center for GroupM
ADOTAS – Apparently there was some client commotion when the news came out that Brian Lesser had been replaced as general manager of the Media Innovation Group, one of WPP’s ad tech outlets. The agency holding company ambiguously announced that he’d moved to another part of the company.
Well, WPP simply wasn’t ready to show all its cards, but it is now. Lesser is heading up Xaxis, a new audience buying platform that promises clients of GroupM — which includes agencies Maxus, MEC, MediaCom, and Mindshare — the most efficient and effective targeting ever. (EVAH!). As the central audience buying tool for GroupM’s agencies, Xaxis launches with 11 ad products and a presence in 11 countries.
Employing all the demand-side data and technology resources of WPP, the platform is constructed from technology developed throughout the holding company over the last three years — B3, targ.ad, GoldNetwork, GroupM DSP and the GroupM Marketplace. Xaxis’ data management platform has access to what WPP claims is the largest pool of audience profiles out in the world. On the supply side, Xaxis will be able to target audiences across the premium properties of GroupM’s media partners.
In an interview with John Ebbert at AdExchanger, Lesser notes that GroupM agencies won’t be forced to do their audience buying at Xaxis, but they won’t want to do it anywhere else because the platform is tailored to clients’ needs — after all, it was designed with them in mind. He also details the video product, XaxisTV, which will reportedly allow advertisers to bridge the gap between television and digital products with “zero waste.”
- Pingback from WPP Audience-Buying Platform Xaxis Jumps on Video Train
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Ben Straley responds to Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? - Rio SEO Blog: [...] Original article posted here [...]
- New Solution to OpenX OnRamp Shutdown | Adcolt: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2013/02/update-malware-attack-permanently-shuts-down-openx-onramp/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... This entry was posted in Uncategorized
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and