Welcome Aboard: Price Deserts Google for Media6Degrees
ADOTAS – During Penry Price’s seven years of being in charge of direct sales at Google, North American direct sales revenue increased from $250 million to more than $3 billion. Now Media6Degrees wants him to work the same money-making magic for the social targeting firm as Price has been appointed president.
Price came to Google from magazine Us Weekly in the ancient days (pre-IPO!), managing the 750-person North American direct sales team and reporting to current AOL CEO Tim Armstrong. With the departure of Armstrong in 2009, Price switched to vice president of global agency sales and partnerships.
“Penry and I worked together for three very productive years at Google, and I am thrilled to have him join us at Media6Degrees,” said CEO Tom Phillips, who spoke to Adotas about employing social targeting for video advertising in December. “He has the insight, influence and expertise to drive the acceleration of our already impressive growth. But above all he’s a leader who inspires and commands respect universally — at Google, in the industry, and now at M6D.”
In December, Media6Degrees raised $17 million in a Series B funding round led by Menlo Ventures, some of which went toward boosting its staff from 60 employees to 80. However, Media6Degrees recently lost Chief Revenue Officer Kathy Leake to upstart location-based social targeter LocalResponse, a company she cofounded and where she is now serving as president.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Q2 2015 State of Mobile Advertising: Opera Mediaworks’ Report
- MarketLive’s Q2 Performance Index: Revealing e-Commerce Trends
- BehaviorMatrix Unveils ‘SMARTview360′ To Help Marketers Understand People & Predict Behavior
- Media Rating Council Grants comScore Accreditation for Video Viewability Measurement
- Centriply, a New Media Solutions Company, Declares: Targeted TV is the New Cookie