Hearst Magazines Offers Brands Social Engagement Through Buddy Media
ADOTAS – Hearst Magazines’ Digital Media unit has hooked up with Facebook branded platform operator Buddy Media to introduce some pretty cool social media tie-ins for Hearst’s brand advertisers. One can only the imagine the potential for cross-media selling.
Buddy Media will power branded social media applications dubbed “sapplets” (which sounds like the name of an incredibly sentimental, single-focus app — perhaps its task is to make a browser weep when the user is looking at kittens) that will be available on the Facebook pages of Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, RealBeauty.com, Redbook and Marie Claire in conjunction with these print publications’ July issues.
The sapplets will include voter booth for polling fans on branded assets such as products, user-generated content and brand videos, as well as a recommendation tool that employs personality quiz answers to suggest products with a one-click purchasing option. In addition, fans earn public badges for engaging with content (e.g. taking a quiz, posting a comment) on an advertiser’s custom tab.
While 13 publications are now launching, Hearst plans to employ Buddy Media’s platform across its entire magazine network, giving it the largest publisher presence on the Buddy Media platform.
“Many of our advertising partners have already integrated Buddy Media as part of a strategy to strengthen their social media marketing efforts in an innovative way,” said Kristine Welker, CRO of Hearst Magazines Digital Media. “The unique set of ‘sapplets’ will bring online social communities together, and create scale and synergy for Hearst clients. As a result, the enormous global network of Facebook members will become more engaged with our branded content and have the ability to share interactions, recommend favorite products and much more.”
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]