Hearst Magazines Offers Brands Social Engagement Through Buddy Media
ADOTAS – Hearst Magazines’ Digital Media unit has hooked up with Facebook branded platform operator Buddy Media to introduce some pretty cool social media tie-ins for Hearst’s brand advertisers. One can only the imagine the potential for cross-media selling.
Buddy Media will power branded social media applications dubbed “sapplets” (which sounds like the name of an incredibly sentimental, single-focus app — perhaps its task is to make a browser weep when the user is looking at kittens) that will be available on the Facebook pages of Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, RealBeauty.com, Redbook and Marie Claire in conjunction with these print publications’ July issues.
The sapplets will include voter booth for polling fans on branded assets such as products, user-generated content and brand videos, as well as a recommendation tool that employs personality quiz answers to suggest products with a one-click purchasing option. In addition, fans earn public badges for engaging with content (e.g. taking a quiz, posting a comment) on an advertiser’s custom tab.
While 13 publications are now launching, Hearst plans to employ Buddy Media’s platform across its entire magazine network, giving it the largest publisher presence on the Buddy Media platform.
“Many of our advertising partners have already integrated Buddy Media as part of a strategy to strengthen their social media marketing efforts in an innovative way,” said Kristine Welker, CRO of Hearst Magazines Digital Media. “The unique set of ‘sapplets’ will bring online social communities together, and create scale and synergy for Hearst clients. As a result, the enormous global network of Facebook members will become more engaged with our branded content and have the ability to share interactions, recommend favorite products and much more.”
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s