Greystripe Serves Mobile Video Ads, Cross-Platform
Video ad network Greystripe, recently acquired by ValueClick, has introduced cross-platform mobile video ad units, ready to be served within iOS and Android smartphone and tablet apps as well as the mobile web.
Advertisers need only deliver a 30-second or shorter clip and Greystripe will do the reformatting work — optimizing the ads as full-screen interstitials for iPhone and Android apps or within content for mobile websites and tablet apps. The ads will also feature social media integrations, the ability to show maps and links to mobile websites.
Even more interesting, it appears users will have the ability to close the ads as soon as they appear. During the three-month beta testing, Greystripe reported a 57% completion rate compared to a 42% completion rate for similar mobile video ads. In addition, Greystripe offers analytics that show how many users completed 25%, 50% and 75% of the video ads.
Those video ads are super annoying, and crash my phone half the time.
Spam on the pc is bad enough but now I have to worry about it on the phone… I’ll be sure to AVOID buying ANYTHING i see on a greystripe ad
Leave a Comment
- AnswerDash Transforms Help Center with Zendesk Integration
- MediaBrix Brings Sound and Haptics to In-App Mobile Branding Ads
- More Companies Take Control of Programmatic Advertising In House
- Videology Questions Reliability Of Viewability Metrics On Successful Campaigns
- Operative Appoints Rick Glickman as Chief Financial Officer