Facebook Gets More Shared Content, But Twitter Averages More Clicks
ADOTAS – According to data collected from ShareThis’ 300 million monthly unique sharers, Facebook gets the lion’s share of shared content, but content shared on Twitter tends to get clicked on more.
According to ShareThis’ report, conducted with StarCom MediaVest Group and Rubicom Partners, sharing drives 10% all Internet traffic and 31% of all referral traffic, which is about half of search’s influence on both accounts.
Facebook accounts for 56% of all shared content and 38% of all shared content clicked through. Email accounts for 17% of clicked-on shared content while Twitter comes up with 11%.
However, links shared on Twitter are the most clicked at 4.8 times each, which is also the average number of clicks based on all shared-to sites via ShareThis (e.g., blogs and bookmarking tools). Links shared on Facebook garnered a not-shabby 4.3 average while links shared through email earned 1.7 clicks on average.
The ShareThis button, currently on a million websites and driving 7 billion pageviews a month, allows browsers to dispense content to a variety of social media sources. Last year the company introduced a social analytics tool and introduced the concept of “share marketing.”
- Pingback from Brainless Driving
That’s because twitter doesn’t show thumbnails for funny cat pics.
- Pingback from SEOmoz Assembles Experts to Rank Organic Search Factors | Search Engine Optimisation & Web Design Leeds | CubicWeb
Leave a Comment
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV