ADOTAS – Four hundred IBM clients and partners are attending the company’s Marketing Innovation Summit this week, and to kick things off IBM treated them to “The State of Marketing 2011” — a survey of 300 online and direct marketers from various verticals and of all shapes and sizes. Here are some of the major findings:
- Marketing silos are playing havoc on cross-channel efforts, as only half of survey participants said they were achieving their cross-channel goals.
- Attribution difficulties are widespread, with respondents citing “attributing success to marketing” as the second biggest issue.
- Now that more than half of these marketers use social media as a marketing tool, their enthusiasm about the channel has waned. And here we thought you could just set up a Facebook Page and watch the conversions skyrocket.
- 90% expressed a desire for an integrated marketing suite.
- Only 40% were using mobile as a tool, but another 20% said they would join the party this year.