Blekko Powers Topix Search After Integrating Facebook Likes
ADOTAS – Blekko, the social search engine that employs user-curated slash tags, has another trophy to add to its display case, which is getting pretty full considering that the engine launched back in November.
Topix has chosen Blekko to power the search capability for its news aggregator, which includes 360,000 edited news pages culled from 50,000 resources — newspapers, blogs, radio and TV stations, government, magazines and more. More than a million searches are conducted by seven million uniques each month.
“We truly believe that curated search is the future of the Web and we’re proud to bring that experience directly to Topix pages and directly to our users,” Topix CEO Chris Tolles said. “The team at Blekko knows our users and our content extremely well and this background will help in delivering a very powerful search experience to our users.”
Blekko certainly does know Topix readers — CEO Rich Skrenta and Vice President Mike Markson were cofounders of the aggregator and served on its executive squad.
This news comes after another cool Blekko addition that I didn’t get a chance to write about — Blekko integrated Facebook Connect so that when you add the slashtag “/likes” to a search you can see which results your friends approved, or just the sites that friends liked.
A posting box makes it easy to share with your Facebook friends what you’ve been searching and comment. Below the box are recent postings by friends with the topic mentioned. In addition, using the slashtag “/facebook” will only show relevant posts from your newsfeed.
It’s pretty cool to play around with — you can also search for relevant tweets by adding “/twitter.” Blekko users have created more than 110,000 slash tags so far.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s