Sampling the Reserve Label From Google Display Network
ADOTAS – The agencies spoke and Google listened — the Google Display Network now has a “Reserved” section, where an advertiser can find the finest premium, guaranteed inventory from GDN’s 50,000 partner sites.
Apparently GDN Reserve was launched during the last quarter, though not to more fanfare like the recent introductions of Google’s Media Ads and various display targeting options. Vice President of Advertising Susan Wojcicki kind of casually mentioned the development during the first quarter earnings call last Thursday.
This premium inventory will be bundled across a “handful of content-specific verticals that consist of numerous publishers who are able to offer quality inventory at scale,” said an unknown Google spokesperson (one day there will be a tomb to the unknown spokesperson — a dark alley on Wall Street where a pleasant, generic and androgynous voice blabs out vague and inoffensive phrases) who gave AdExchanger’s John Ebbert about as little information about the offering as possible.
Advertisers will buy the guaranteed inventory through their GDN rep, though it’s not clear how this inventory fits in with the DoubleClick Ad Exchange. The spokesperson admits the initiative is aimed to please agencies and brands, and said the beta testing went well — then again who says, “The beta testing was awful, man — frickin’ awful”?
So who are the publishers in your neighborhood, Google? Some familiar Google pub partners include Seeking Alpha, Food Network.com, AskMen.com, Epicurious and Wired. The quality of pubs in the GDN has been questioned, so setting aside the classy inventory would seem a smart move to lure in the big ad dollars to its fledgling display program. In comScore’s latest data, Google served 35 billion impressions in the third quarter of 2010, compared to leader Facebook with 300 billion and runner-up Yahoo with 141 billion.
For what seems like forever, Google has been talking about its dreams of display uniting the entire advertising ecosystem — both online and off — with Big G grinning at the top. Google attributed a 27% jump in ad revenue year over year during the first quarter ($8.58 billion) to improvements in its display and mobile ad endeavors. Interestingly, the company reported that revenue from owned and operated sites (which includes search properties and YouTube) grew by 32% while revenue from partner sites chugged away at 19%.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]