Advertisers Allured by Private Marketplaces
ADOTAS - Brands, are you really ready for RTB, or are you just saying that so you sound cool? In a recent PubMatic survey of 640 online ad executives (71% on the buy side, 29% on the sell), 62% of advertisers reported using RTB in their digital ad campaigns.
The drag? Only 20% of publishers have opened up inventory for RTB.
However, pubs will be interested to hear that 74% of advertisers would increase their RTB budgets if they could buy directly from premium publishers through private marketplaces (which sounds a bit naughty…) that leveraged the technology. For example, Admeld has been setting up and operating private ad exchanges for the likes of The Weather Channel, IDG and a supergroup of print-based pubs.
“Advertisers and agencies were very clear about wanting the ability to buy RTB campaigns directly from premium publishers because they get a guaranteed brand safe environment with the targeting sophistication of RTB,” said Rajeev Goel, cofounder and CEO of PubMatic. “Private Marketplaces are changing the way that display advertising is purchased – the precision targeting of RTB coupled with the transparency of direct publisher sales will significantly increase the size of the display advertising market.”
In general, 97% of advertisers will employ audience targeting in their 2011 digital campaigns, while 47% said half their online ad budgets were going toward audience-targeted campaigns.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s