Foursquare Hooks Up Merchants With New Platform
ADOTAS — Foursquare was seemingly lying dormant the last few months, making some of us wonder if its magical check-in ride was over. Nope, it was just saving news for the South by Southwest Digital conference, where the location-based mobile social network has shined over the past two years.
In addition to introducing version 3.0 of the iPhone and Android app and 18 new badges specifically for the conference, Foursquare will be launching a rehashed, fully automated merchant platform for businesses both small and large.
Following verification (currently there are 250,000 verified merchants), merchants will be able to instantly create and execute deals across the Foursquare network, including new offerings such as Flash Specials, Friend Specials, Swarm Specials and Newbie Specials. Merchants will be able to run multiple deals at the same time and segment them by store location. Finally, merchants will get added user attention from the new “Specials Nearby” feature of Foursquare 3.0.
While the new version of Foursquare is currently available, the new merchant platform won’t be live until Friday.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fast Lane to Optimization–One by AOL: Video Ad Assurance
- Connexity’s Bizrate Insights: Back-to-School Shopping Starts Before the End of the School Year
- Know Before You Buy: 5 Ad Tech Trends That Small Agencies Should Embrace with Caution
- ironSource: App Economy Sees Over 60% Growth of Candidate-Oriented Apps
- Meeting the 3 Challenges of Cross-Device Targeting