Google Signs Up for Return Path’s Phishing Deterent
ADOTAS – In conjunction with the commercial launch of anti-phishing service Domain Assurance, email certifier and reputation manager Return Path announced that Google is supporting its new technology for blocking phishy emails before they reach inboxes. Big G joins other big-name Domain Assurance patrons Yahoo, Tucows and Cloudmark.
Domain Assurance provides preventive measures against phishing attacks through authenticating email senders’ domains and subdomains via the SPF and DKIM standards for confirming sender identity. The interface allows senders to keep track of authentication records through Return Path’s mailbox provider partners and the proprietary ISP-based Return Path Reputation Network, which validate these results across all types of email – transactional, marketing and corporate – sent from the domains.
In addition, clients can add domains and sub-domains to the Domain Assurance Registry list so ISPs automatically reject email coming from registered domains that fail authentication. Domain owners will be alerted when fraudulent emails using their domains are observed and provided with data on phishing URLs.
“Currently companies can only react to a phishing attack, but Domain Assurance changes the game by blocking phishing emails before they get delivered to the customer mailbox,” said Return Path President George Bilbrey.
Good news for gmail users – like me.
Leave a Comment
- Breaking: VivaKi and Mass Relevance Announce Partnership June 17th 2013 AUSTIN, TX, June 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – VivaKi, a global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Once upon a time, and not so long [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Cookies Dominate on Desktop June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — In last week’s Voter Booth, we asked our [...] more »
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013 ADOTAS — After months of speculation, Facebook has finally announced [...] more »
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify … these services [...] more »
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013 ADOTAS — Cannes Lions is underway. The International Festival of [...] more »
- VIDEO: Be On Integrates Emotion Measurement Platform Into Branded Video Campaigns June 14th 2013 LONDON, June 14, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Be On, AOL’s global [...] more »
- Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR Codes June 17th 2013
- Facebook Unveils #Hashtag Strategies for Advertisers June 17th 2013
- Can Programmatic Buying Save Traditional Media? June 14th 2013
- WATCH: 7 Days of Creative Inspiration from Cannes Lion June 14th 2013
- Lost in Translation: Bridging the Chasm Between ‘Search Engine’ and ‘Marketing’ Through Entity Ads June 13th 2013
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- Digital Project Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Adviso
- Business Solutions - CRM Pre-Sales Architect - Tec
- Amit Goswami: Success of display programmatic IO is built on matured interoperable audience targeting standard. It wont
- Tom: Great infographic! Informative and fun.
- The Pageview Industrial Complex - Marketing Talent Inc - Marketing Talent Inc: [...] eye-tracking advertising test to date has demonstrated that consumers have developed a keen “banner
- clypd discusses challenges with cross-channel attribution | clypd: [...] Conversion Attribution In Cross-Channel Marketing: Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due [...]