JiWire Gives Itself Location-Based Present With NearbyNow
ADOTAS – JiWire decided to do its shopping before Black Friday, and the location-based marketing firm knew exactly what it wanted: NearbyNow, a local search provider and maker of mobile shopping apps.
And it’s pretty cool toy, as NearbyNow offer services that show users current product catalogues, as well as confirm an item is in stock at a nearby store and put it on hold. Such innovations have led to ad click-though rates of more than 20% and conversion-to-purchase average rates of 5.8%.
JiWire, which boasts a location-based audience of 35 million uniques across its wireless and mobile platforms, will integrate NearbyNow’s ad platform into its own to develop new location-based advertising products.
“The era of location is upon us,” said NearbyNow founder Scott Dunlap, who will become JiWire’s vice president of Mobile Business Development. “It’s not about ‘mobile’ versus ‘display ad,’ it’s about delivering relevant location-based advertising across all media types. The brands that can do this at scale will reap the rewards of the $1 trillion opportunity created by consumers who use online and mobile to influence their offline purchasing.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Vibrant Media, Native Ad Company, Bills Its Billionth Dollar
- Overcoming Ad Blocking with Influencer Marketing
- LiveRamp Expands Data Onboarding Service to United Kingdom and France
- OpenMarket Survey/Infographic Reveal Millennials Prefer Texting But Marketers Miss the Boat
- Just For Fun (and Sales): Search Data Reveals What Millennial Moms Would Like For Mother’s Day