Hey McFly: Car Town Introduces Time-Traveling DeLorean
ADOTAS – There are some days I understand why the virtual goods market is such a booming industry. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary DVD and Blu-Ray release of the “Back to the Future” trilogy, Cie Games has introduced to its Facebook social game Car Town the ability to upgrade a standard DeLorean into the time machine from the film. That’s right, you can buy a Flux Capacitor and a Mr. Fusion Kit to turn your aluminum wonder into something that would make Doc Brown proud (just watch out for the Libyans).
But this is not just for decoration — players in Car Town earn upgrades for their garages by completing tasks, sometimes within a time limit. The DeLorean will be able to go back in time if a player loses to the clock or go forward to collect points for a task faster.
In addition, through a license agreement with Universal Film Studios, Car Town players can visit Doc Brown’s garage to check out the hoverboard and Marty McFly’s guitar. But can you get Doc to trick out the DeLorean to fly? Because where I’m going, I don’t need roads.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- MediaBrix Brings Sound and Haptics to In-App Mobile Branding Ads
- More Companies Take Control of Programmatic Advertising In House
- Videology Questions Reliability Of Viewability Metrics On Successful Campaigns
- Operative Appoints Rick Glickman as Chief Financial Officer
- Adweek Announces Global, United States and Digital Agencies of the Year for 2014