Give That Ad Some Feedback With Kampyle
ADOTAS – Possibly the only time I’m subjected to television ads is when I watch pro football, and that’s arguably when the worst creative appears. This season in particular, Miller Lite’s “Man Up” campaign, in which a female bartender chides various men about their attire after they fail to see the potency of Miller Lite, makes me want to smash the television nearly every commercial break. Not only are the spots ripe with stereotypes and cliches, they send the odd message that women will emasculate you if you drink an unpopular type of beer.
(If you want to drink an alcoholic beverage deemed “manly” — which in this case I take to mean rich and strong — you wouldn’t choose a “lite” beer. You’d drink an appropriately hoppy IPA, sip a glass of extremely robust Cabernet Sauvignon or just sink shots of whiskey.)
When those Miller Lite ads come on is when I really wish Kampyle’s Ad Feedback technology existed for television. Alas, mainly direct response and lead-gen display campaigns take advantage of the recently launched service from the consumer feedback specialist.
Mousing over a small thumbs up sign in the corner of the ad unveils an “Ad Feedback” box, which when clicked opens a window for providing feedback to the advertiser:
According to Product Director of Ad Feedback Phillipe Lang, in the pilot program, 1 in every 25,000 impressions earns feedback (0.0004%), but of that group 15% leave their contact information, which goes right to the advertiser and can assist in starting a dialog with the consumer/lead.
Lang added that feedback rates were higher for rich media ads than static banners — anything that attracted the user’s attention was more likely to generate a response. However, he noted that rich media feedback tended to be divergent — people that really like or really hate the creative are likely to respond.
But display feedback can come in handy on many levels — Kampyle’s analytics dashboard enables advertisers to judge which campaigns and creatives generated the most attention (be it positive or negative) and why. Feedback also gives insight into ad placement — whether the ad seemed irrelevant or offensive regarding the surrounding content — and the reporting engine segments by demographics such as location.
Inserting Ad Feedback is simply a matter of adding the Java code, which is supported by major ad servers such as Right Media, MediaMind, Atlas and DoubleClick. While the product has found a base with DR work, Kampyle is looking into more branding campaigns.
I suggest starting with dumb beer ads — what’s the deal with the Coors Light TV ads where the guy walks into an eroticized apartment filled with candles and thanks his lingerie-clad girlfriend for surprising him with a 12-pack of beer? I get they’re going for a cheap laugh, but isn’t that suggesting Coors Light drinkers are oblivious buffoons? COORS NEEDS MY FEEDBACK NOW!
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial