Executive Evacuations Continue at Google
ADOTAS – Google’s executive turnover woes haven’t received as much media play as Yahoo’s, but the search giant and mobile up-and-comer has been offering some ludicrous incentive packages to keep key staff on board — and, in particular, not hopping over to its new arch-rival.
Those efforts aside, Facebook claimed another head on Friday with Lars Ramussen, the cofounder of Google Maps who had spent six years with Big G. He told The Sydney Morning Herald that a personal pitch from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg convinced him the social network is a “once-in-a-decade type of company.” Ramussen will be moving from Sydney to Silicon Vally, but Facebook declined to say what his new position would be or in what capacity he’d be working.
Another reason he may be taking off is that his pet project Google Wave went out with a whimper earlier this year. His three co-Wavers, including brother Jens Rasmussen, are sticking at Google, and Rasmussen doubted he would be working on something similar at Facebook.
Rasmussen wasn’t the only Google evacuee this past weekend. Right after the mobile ad network introduced interactive video and interstitial ads to the Android operating system, AdMob founder and CEO Omar Hamoui announced he is leaving for personal reasons. TechCrunch notes that two other high-level AdMob execs — Ali Diab, formerly VP of product management and business operations, and Niren Hiro, formerly VP of business development — have jumped ship since Google’s acquisition was completed in May.
Finally, YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley stepped down as CEO of the social video site, but this seemed to be a planned transition as he handed the wheel to Salar Kamangar, who has been running day-to-day operations since Google dispatched him to the unit in 2008. Hurly will remain a part-time adviser, though is apparently more interested in his clothing company HIaska. Though the company’s name is a blend of Hawaii and Alaska, I was upset I couldn’t find any Hawaiian-print parkas on their site…
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- IAB Releases Native Advertising Playbook December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Native has become [...] more »
- Kitara Media Acquires Healthguru.Com; Combined Business 2014 Revenues Estimated At $50MM December 4th 2013 Kitara Media Acquires Top Health Video Site HealthGuru.com from Kitara [...] more »
- Lionsgate Partners with Mobiquity to Promote ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Divergence’ December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the year’s most anticipated films, “Ender’s [...] more »
- LiveRail Touts $100 Million Run Rate, Preps for IPO in 2014 December 4th 2013 ADOTAS — The demand for programmatic advertising has exploded, with [...] more »
- Infographic: Branded Video Sharing Almost 50X Higher In 2013 Than In 2006 December 4th 2013 NEW YORK, December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — The sharing of [...] more »
- Brainshark and Profitable Channels Launch Online Tool to Assess Sales Content Effectiveness December 4th 2013 WALTHAM, Mass., December 4, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- blinkx Acquires Rhythm NewMedia in $65 Million Deal December 3rd 2013 LONDON and SAN FRANCISCO, December 3, 2013 (ADOTAS) — blinkx plc [...] more »
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Take the Time to Do Native Right December 2nd 2013
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results December 2nd 2013
- Disappointing Black Friday Sales? It’s Not Too Late to Profit from the Holidays December 2nd 2013
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Content Marketer
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]
- How to improve your website's SEO - Business Record |: [...] the sites don't really …The 10 Most Cringe-Worthy SEO Myths Ever ToldBusiness 2 CommunityBig
- Gamers Gain Elite Status with Cadillac Campaign | Raldo Loijens: [...] a push to brand the elite gamers as Cadillac Elite. Cadillac Elite is being
- David: I hope my SEO-customers with semi-big brands do not read this - they might be