Adometry Branches Into Pub Tag Management
But while tag talk tends to induce yawning, its serious business. During its early trials with new tag management system TagScan, Adometry — which provides ad verification and campaign effectiveness services to players across the display ecosystem — discovered individual ad tags with tracking tools from 10 different vendors that created more than 20 cookies and slowed site load times by three seconds or more. Yikes.
TagScan, which is being released in limited private beta but will be in full production by the end of the year, offers publishers “unprecedented” visibility and control over third-party ad and web page tags, as well as the ability to develop and execute tag policies regarding data collectors, creative performance and privacy.
As Adometry has identified and categorized hundreds of companies involved with ad serving, tracking and targeting, TagScan proves an ad verifier can offer an effective tag management solution.
“Publishers have a right to monitor and control what vendors are running on their sites,” said Adometry CTO and cofounder John Dietz, “We feel that this offering very much compliments our advertiser-focused transparency and verification tools, and that the entire industry is better served by a more open and honest relationship between buyers and sellers.”
Great to see another new entrant into the Tag Management space, an area TagMan have been pioneering since 2007. It’s a big responsibility to remain agnostic and focus on solely managing tags, which are the lifeblood of data, campaigns, reporting and ultimately – success metrics for all involved.
We recently did some research that confirms the need for Tag Management Systems with over 95% of respondents reporting issues trying to hardcode tags into pages. The summary is at http://www.tagman.com/tag-management-survey
Let me clarify, Adometry’s TagScan is not a tag wrapper like TagMan and BrightTag, we provide a service to publishers to test their ad tags to identify unauthorized calls, creative changes, latency, ad specification violations, etc.
When publishers get third party ad tags, the publishers need to know what those tags are doing, collecting data, tagging users, etc, and TagScan gives them that visibility, without the need to wrap all those tags in another service.
You can see here for a partial description of the kind of data we provide: http://www.adometry.com/tagscan.html
Agree, a little misleading this article; though Tag Wrapper is probably also a little misleading. EG – I thought BriteTag, Demdex, TagMan & Aggregate Knowledge all offer asynchronous activity at the server level but also containerization if needed?
Leave a Comment
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Have social media platforms pinterested you in how [...] more »
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems June 19th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Nikki Frammartino routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Advertising legend David Ogilvy once said, “If it [...] more »
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data June 19th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO AND NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — [...] more »
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013 ADOTAS — Did you forget that your friend’s birthday is [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar June 19th 2013 ADOTAS -– Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Vice President, Business Development
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Mediasmith - » Mediasmith -: [...] Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server For Mobile/Tablet Advertising NEW YORK, June
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]