Welcome Aboard: Costolo Bumped Up to Twitter CEO
ADOTAS – Dick Costolo has been given a nice little boost by Twitter – he’ll trade his COO parking space for the CEO’s. Costolo joined Twitter as COO last year; he’s well known as the founder and former CEO of Feedburner, which was acquired by Google in 2007. In addition to his fledgling career as a male model, he has performed with Chicago’s Annoyance Theater and participates in improv festivals. Evan Williams is leaving the CEO’s chair to focus completely on product strategy and distilling the finest bourbon available at the cheapest price. First, though, he had some awfully kind words to say about Fabio Costolo and Twitter’s meteoric growth.
David Ko, one of the three Yahoo execs whose sudden departure has led to a CEO Carol Bartz media and investor lashing, has landed safely at Zynga, developers of Facebook sensations Farmville and Mafia Wars. He will lead the online gaming Goliath’s burgeoning mobile unit. Ko was last seen heading the U.S. audience unit at Yahoo, but previously headed up the portals mobile efforts.
WebVisible has given the company keys to Ron Burr as he moves up from chief operating officer to CEO. Burr joined the company in 2009, but he’s well regarded as the founder of Internet service provider NetZero and was named one of the “25 Unsung Heroes of the Net” by Interactive Week. Alas, not everyone will cheer his arrival as WebVisible also announced a 15% reduction in headcount as well as an expanded channel strategy. Founder Kirsten Mangers, who has written a gem or two for Adotas in the past, is abdicating the CEO throne, but will remain on the company’s board.
Publicis Groupe’s search marketing engine Performics lured Todd Friesen to the position of director of SEO. Frisen previously served as vice president of search at Position Technologies, and also boasts experience as director of search for Range Online Media. He is a regular contributor to SearchEngineLand.com, OMMA magazine and MediaPost’s Search Insider.
Media agency MEC has appointed Hans Logie managing partner of MEC San Francisco. Logie could last be seen at DraftFCB and has also done time at PHD, Hill Holliday and Goldberg Moser O’Neill.
Karl Sun, former Google head of business development, has joined the board of directors at retargeting and ad personalization specialist mediaFORGE. Sun is currently CEO of LucidChart, which makes social graphing technologies.
TRAFFIQ has brought two new industry veterans onto its team: Jane Roy as senior director of business development and Peter Schnupp as senior account director. A 20-year veteran of digital and traditional media, Roy was previously director of strategic accounts for Datran’s Aperture solution and also boasts experience at Modem Media and Agency.com. Schnupp was last seen as account director at Initiative & Proximity, but has also held roles at Beyond Interactive (renamed MediaCom Interaction) and Ripple Effects Interactive.
It seems to me that Twitter wants to become a company financing by commercials and CEO Evan Williams did not go conform with this idea. I hope they won’t become another Facebook.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]