Welcome Aboard: Costolo Bumped Up to Twitter CEO
ADOTAS – Dick Costolo has been given a nice little boost by Twitter – he’ll trade his COO parking space for the CEO’s. Costolo joined Twitter as COO last year; he’s well known as the founder and former CEO of Feedburner, which was acquired by Google in 2007. In addition to his fledgling career as a male model, he has performed with Chicago’s Annoyance Theater and participates in improv festivals. Evan Williams is leaving the CEO’s chair to focus completely on product strategy and distilling the finest bourbon available at the cheapest price. First, though, he had some awfully kind words to say about Fabio Costolo and Twitter’s meteoric growth.
David Ko, one of the three Yahoo execs whose sudden departure has led to a CEO Carol Bartz media and investor lashing, has landed safely at Zynga, developers of Facebook sensations Farmville and Mafia Wars. He will lead the online gaming Goliath’s burgeoning mobile unit. Ko was last seen heading the U.S. audience unit at Yahoo, but previously headed up the portals mobile efforts.
WebVisible has given the company keys to Ron Burr as he moves up from chief operating officer to CEO. Burr joined the company in 2009, but he’s well regarded as the founder of Internet service provider NetZero and was named one of the “25 Unsung Heroes of the Net” by Interactive Week. Alas, not everyone will cheer his arrival as WebVisible also announced a 15% reduction in headcount as well as an expanded channel strategy. Founder Kirsten Mangers, who has written a gem or two for Adotas in the past, is abdicating the CEO throne, but will remain on the company’s board.
Publicis Groupe’s search marketing engine Performics lured Todd Friesen to the position of director of SEO. Frisen previously served as vice president of search at Position Technologies, and also boasts experience as director of search for Range Online Media. He is a regular contributor to SearchEngineLand.com, OMMA magazine and MediaPost’s Search Insider.
Media agency MEC has appointed Hans Logie managing partner of MEC San Francisco. Logie could last be seen at DraftFCB and has also done time at PHD, Hill Holliday and Goldberg Moser O’Neill.
Karl Sun, former Google head of business development, has joined the board of directors at retargeting and ad personalization specialist mediaFORGE. Sun is currently CEO of LucidChart, which makes social graphing technologies.
TRAFFIQ has brought two new industry veterans onto its team: Jane Roy as senior director of business development and Peter Schnupp as senior account director. A 20-year veteran of digital and traditional media, Roy was previously director of strategic accounts for Datran’s Aperture solution and also boasts experience at Modem Media and Agency.com. Schnupp was last seen as account director at Initiative & Proximity, but has also held roles at Beyond Interactive (renamed MediaCom Interaction) and Ripple Effects Interactive.
It seems to me that Twitter wants to become a company financing by commercials and CEO Evan Williams did not go conform with this idea. I hope they won’t become another Facebook.
Leave a Comment
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Have social media platforms pinterested you in how [...] more »
- Nikki’s Picks to Click: Facebook Ad Milestone, Twitter Spot Ads, Big Data Problems June 19th 2013 ADOTAS EDITOR’S NOTE: Editorial Intern Nikki Frammartino routinely scours online media for [...] more »
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013 ADOTAS – Advertising legend David Ogilvy once said, “If it [...] more »
- Infographic: Martini Media and comScore Release Affluent Spending Data June 19th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO AND NEW YORK, June 19, 2013 (ADOTAS) — [...] more »
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013 ADOTAS — Did you forget that your friend’s birthday is [...] more »
- Upcoming Event and Conference Calendar June 19th 2013 ADOTAS -– Here’s a snapshot of upcoming industry events. Further [...] more »
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013 ADOTAS – As you may have noticed, mobile real-time bidding [...] more »
- Social Media Consultants Have a Vested Pinterest in Your Brand’s Success June 19th 2013
- Four Tips For Success With Cloud-Backed Digital Campaigns June 19th 2013
- Amazon Launches Social Gifting Service to Compete with Facebook Gifts June 19th 2013
- Big Data’s Killer App: Mobile RTB June 18th 2013
- How SMBs Can Keep Up With Mobile Commerce June 18th 2013
- Vice President, Business Development
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisor
- SEO / SEM Marketing Manager
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Mediasmith - » Mediasmith -: [...] Medialets As Official 3rd-Party Server For Mobile/Tablet Advertising NEW YORK, June
- ReputationArmor.net - Online Reputation Management, Mobile Marketing, Domain Registration, Web Hosting, Social Engagement, and SMS Marketing Campaigns that work !!!: [...] Video: Small Business Should Visualize the Use of QR CodesADOTAS, on Mon, 17 Jun
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | - Suaju Lean Management: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]
- #Facebook #Hashtags #FTW? – Search Engine Watch | Social Commerce Tomorrow - Media Marketing: [...] (FB) Wants to Wipe Twitter Off the Map…StreetInsider.com (subscription) (blog)ADOTAS -PerformanceIN -Patch.comall 16 news [...]