Welcome Aboard: Costolo Bumped Up to Twitter CEO
ADOTAS – Dick Costolo has been given a nice little boost by Twitter – he’ll trade his COO parking space for the CEO’s. Costolo joined Twitter as COO last year; he’s well known as the founder and former CEO of Feedburner, which was acquired by Google in 2007. In addition to his fledgling career as a male model, he has performed with Chicago’s Annoyance Theater and participates in improv festivals. Evan Williams is leaving the CEO’s chair to focus completely on product strategy and distilling the finest bourbon available at the cheapest price. First, though, he had some awfully kind words to say about Fabio Costolo and Twitter’s meteoric growth.
David Ko, one of the three Yahoo execs whose sudden departure has led to a CEO Carol Bartz media and investor lashing, has landed safely at Zynga, developers of Facebook sensations Farmville and Mafia Wars. He will lead the online gaming Goliath’s burgeoning mobile unit. Ko was last seen heading the U.S. audience unit at Yahoo, but previously headed up the portals mobile efforts.
WebVisible has given the company keys to Ron Burr as he moves up from chief operating officer to CEO. Burr joined the company in 2009, but he’s well regarded as the founder of Internet service provider NetZero and was named one of the “25 Unsung Heroes of the Net” by Interactive Week. Alas, not everyone will cheer his arrival as WebVisible also announced a 15% reduction in headcount as well as an expanded channel strategy. Founder Kirsten Mangers, who has written a gem or two for Adotas in the past, is abdicating the CEO throne, but will remain on the company’s board.
Publicis Groupe’s search marketing engine Performics lured Todd Friesen to the position of director of SEO. Frisen previously served as vice president of search at Position Technologies, and also boasts experience as director of search for Range Online Media. He is a regular contributor to SearchEngineLand.com, OMMA magazine and MediaPost’s Search Insider.
Media agency MEC has appointed Hans Logie managing partner of MEC San Francisco. Logie could last be seen at DraftFCB and has also done time at PHD, Hill Holliday and Goldberg Moser O’Neill.
Karl Sun, former Google head of business development, has joined the board of directors at retargeting and ad personalization specialist mediaFORGE. Sun is currently CEO of LucidChart, which makes social graphing technologies.
TRAFFIQ has brought two new industry veterans onto its team: Jane Roy as senior director of business development and Peter Schnupp as senior account director. A 20-year veteran of digital and traditional media, Roy was previously director of strategic accounts for Datran’s Aperture solution and also boasts experience at Modem Media and Agency.com. Schnupp was last seen as account director at Initiative & Proximity, but has also held roles at Beyond Interactive (renamed MediaCom Interaction) and Ripple Effects Interactive.
It seems to me that Twitter wants to become a company financing by commercials and CEO Evan Williams did not go conform with this idea. I hope they won’t become another Facebook.
Leave a Comment
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Infographic: Adobe By The Numbers December 12th 2013 ADOTAS – Adobe just announced results for its fiscal year that [...] more »
- Marketo Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Insightera, Extending Leadership in Multi-Channel Relationship Marketing December 12th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Marketo , provider [...] more »
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Infographic: B2B Content Tug of War December 12th 2013
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Stephen: Your new autoplay video commercials are REALLY annoying. It means I cannot leave your story
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial