Online Gets a Grip on GRPs
ADOTAS – Traditional advertisers are old, they can’t keep up with all these doodads the kids are playing with like Friendface or The Google. But they gotta reach those young demographics (I think the youths are calling them demos?) so give them something they can relate to: gross rating points
Gross rating what? Because I had no knowledge of the traditional advertising before joining Adotas, I was dumbfounded when someone drop that acronym on me about a year ago. Um, is that like a click? Like a bunch of clicks? No, no, I was quickly informed, its a metric based on the percentage of a target audience reached multiplied by the viewing frequency. It’s also what TV advertisers know best.
So I’m a little surprised that Nielsen only introduced a GRP-like measurement to the online space last week with Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings. The new system merges traditional Nielsen TV and online panel data with aggregated and anonymous demographic info from partnering online data contributors to deliver better accuracy and accelerated reporting (only a few days after a campaign begins) across a wider spectrum of the web.
Thus advertisers will be able to holistically assess their advertising efforts across reach of TV, online and mobile. While currently focusing on the U.S. market, Nielsen plans to expand the service globally and will seek accreditation by the Media Ratings Council.
However, ad network operator Goodway Group notes that Nielsen’s measurement system was only introduced and is not fully operational, while Goodway’s Death Star is ready for action right now. In fact it’s currently recorded 166 GRPs at a 63.88% reach and a corresponding 2.59X frequency for a client in Salt Lake City.
In partnership with ad verifier Adometry, Goodway is also building a system to blend in audience verification with GRPs called targeted rating points (TRPs). Goodway will be able to provide TRP counts within age and demographic segments that can be compared against conversion data.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- Lotame and Optimizely Partner for Website Content Optimization and Personalization March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Lotame today announced [...] more »
- Study: 1% of Advertisers Generate 80% of Clicks Across 10 Search Categories in US, UK and France March 12th 2014 ROME, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Paid search advertising is [...] more »
- Brainshark Launches Brainshark for Salesforce Work.com on Salesforce1 AppExchange March 12th 2014 WALTHAM, Mass., March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Brainshark, Inc., the [...] more »
- MediaBrix Launches In-Game Ad SDK for Intel’s Latest Platform March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 (ADOTAS) — MediaBrix, the leading [...] more »
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Personalization Isn’t Creepy; It’s a Reality & a Necessity for Success March 12th 2014
- Big-Budget TV Ads Alone Aren’t Enough: Use Programmatic to Tell Your Brand Story March 12th 2014
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Courtesy to The Bellingham Business Journal | For Copywriters Only: [...] Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Fіnіѕhеԁ 3 Million Gigs® іn thе Palm οf Yουr
- Chris: I don't think BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging its proprietary technology
- Weekly RTB and Programmatic Marketing News from RTB Forums | My Blog / Website: [...] http://www.adotas.com/2014/03/sonobi-to-sponsor-premium-programmatic-event-in-nyc-next-week/ [...]
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Headlines Amazon Working on Music-Streaming ServiceThe Woman Who Scavenged SXSW For An iPadBroadbandTV