Online Gets a Grip on GRPs
ADOTAS – Traditional advertisers are old, they can’t keep up with all these doodads the kids are playing with like Friendface or The Google. But they gotta reach those young demographics (I think the youths are calling them demos?) so give them something they can relate to: gross rating points
Gross rating what? Because I had no knowledge of the traditional advertising before joining Adotas, I was dumbfounded when someone drop that acronym on me about a year ago. Um, is that like a click? Like a bunch of clicks? No, no, I was quickly informed, its a metric based on the percentage of a target audience reached multiplied by the viewing frequency. It’s also what TV advertisers know best.
So I’m a little surprised that Nielsen only introduced a GRP-like measurement to the online space last week with Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings. The new system merges traditional Nielsen TV and online panel data with aggregated and anonymous demographic info from partnering online data contributors to deliver better accuracy and accelerated reporting (only a few days after a campaign begins) across a wider spectrum of the web.
Thus advertisers will be able to holistically assess their advertising efforts across reach of TV, online and mobile. While currently focusing on the U.S. market, Nielsen plans to expand the service globally and will seek accreditation by the Media Ratings Council.
However, ad network operator Goodway Group notes that Nielsen’s measurement system was only introduced and is not fully operational, while Goodway’s Death Star is ready for action right now. In fact it’s currently recorded 166 GRPs at a 63.88% reach and a corresponding 2.59X frequency for a client in Salt Lake City.
In partnership with ad verifier Adometry, Goodway is also building a system to blend in audience verification with GRPs called targeted rating points (TRPs). Goodway will be able to provide TRP counts within age and demographic segments that can be compared against conversion data.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than