Tags Ain’t Sexy, But They Are Serious
ADOTAS – I ran into Chris Brinkworth, CMO of TagMan, yesterday at a Mediamind event (more on Monday), who lamented that there’s nothing sexy about his field. A friend of his does social media marketing and agency eyes light up at the very mention of Facebook; however, when Chris says he’s involved in advertising tag management, those same eyes simply glaze over.
Though they may lack allure, tags are a big deal, especially when 36% digital marketers surveyed by TagMan have witnessed tags “break” a page or a whole site. On average, the 100 marketing organizations queried each spend $10 million of technology and services that require tags.
Pretty much all the companies TagMan spoke to have dealt with tag difficulties around implementation and management, with 28% moaning that they had lost website sales due to difficulties with implementation. Thirty-one percent cited losing site traffic due to tag issues. Even more frustrating, more than half said the tagging was out marketers’ control.
It just gets more depressing — tag troubles caused:
- 65% to lose campaign performance data
- 58% to delay the use of a new technology
- 37% to forgo new technology
- 19% give up on a new campaign
TagMan found that 40% of those surveyed spend more than one day a month implementing tags. Pray for the poor soul who has to drudge through that….
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Adotas Poll: Pay Music Service Will Have Most Affect On Google’s Bottom Line May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – In last week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Digital Account Executive
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] company’s IPO would draw the strongest response: Tremor Video, Yu.Me or Adap.tv. A staggering
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO: [...] Friday, based on a May 9 report from Bloomberg, we conducted a poll asking
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- Streaming Music Service Payments | Copy Combine Transform: [...] pressure on recorded music value has resulted in a streaming service business model that