Does Your Agency Have a Real Mobile Plan?
ADOTAS – In past years, having a “mobile plan” meant running a text-to-win contest or developing an iPhone application because the CEO thought it could get mentioned in The Wall Street Journal. Any mobile element was enough for agencies to claim, “Yes, we can do mobile!”
However, the industry hit a turning point without someone officially proclaiming 2010 the year of mobile. It is now clear that mobile is no longer just a nice to have component in a marketing program, but rather a core element. And offering just one mobile channel is not enough.
Mobile should be viewed as a comprehensive, ongoing, holistic program which is tightly integrated into your overall marketing initiatives. That being said, many CMOs are putting their business in a potentially perilous position by not asking the right questions before proceeding.
Here are some of the essential areas to consider when looking to employ a mobile marketing vendor:
Does the agency have mobile capabilities that extend beyond the sizzle of a mobile application?
While mobile applications can be branding tools, it’s important to keep in mind that the majority of the U.S. population (and likely the majority of your customers) do not have smartphones. Currently, just 21% of mobile phone users have “smart” devices which are capable of downloading apps, making it important to integrate other far-reaching mobile elements into your plan. SMS, for instance, has the ability to reach virtually every U.S. mobile phone user.
Does the vendor’s mobile offering include localization capabilities? How about those that extend beyond standard GPS functionality and into the hyperlocal realm?
In mobile marketing, location is the new black. That is to say, it’s becoming a very popular tool to target both new and existing customers. However, it’s more than just the latest buzz word; it’s got staying power.
According to ABI Research, location-based marketing will increase from about $43 million this year to $1.8 billion by 2015 as part of overall mobile marketing budgets. There are many ways to take advantage of location-based services, but keep in mind that all users don’t have GPS-enabled devices. However, there are other ways to target a customer’s location including area code, zip code and local databases from which to draw.
Can the vendor’s mobile team tie its efforts into my CRM and marketing resource management (MRM) systems?
Mobile campaign integration with CRM and MRM systems is a topic which is relatively new, but is quickly becoming important. By integrating your mobile campaigns, a brand can have a single, clear read of each customer, ensuring that the right messages are reaching the right customer at the right time and that no customer is being overwhelmed by marketing messages.
Does the vendor’s mobile practice interface with your social media team to deliver campaigns that marry the power of both channels?
By integrating your mobile and social media strategies, you’re able to better take advantage of both channels.
Does the vendor have proven analytics and reporting capabilities that can be successfully leveraged for mobile campaigns?
Analytics and reporting are a crucial element to any marketing campaign, as they allow you to measure success. One of mobile marketing’s most attractive features is real-time analytics, which help track the success of each initiative in real time, allowing you to make changes on the fly to better optimize each campaign.
Mobile marketing isn’t overly complicated. However, by asking the right questions and partnering with an agency that has the right answers, you will put yourself — and your brand — in a position to succeed.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Adobe: Digital Magazine Circulation, Engagement are On the Rise December 10th 2013 ADOTAS — Today, Adobe released data showing significant circulation growth [...] more »
- New Adchemy Software Puts Multiplier Effect On Keyword Search Campaign Revenue December 10th 2013 SEARCH INSIDER SUMMIT, PARK CITY, Utah, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Exclusive: American Laser Skincare Taps Matomy as Agency of Record December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Today, American Laser Skincare, a large provider of laser [...] more »
- Unicorn Media’s Dynamic Ad Insertion Technology Enables Video Monetization on Twitter December 10th 2013 TEMPE, AZ, December 10, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Unicorn Media, the [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and
- Cory Grassell: As an addendum to my previous post, I failed to consider Twitter. I suppose that
- Cory Grassell: Ten seems like a bit much. I think you hit the nail on the head
- IOne LocalZimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves » IOne Local: [...] Castle. “They don’t just tackle our marketing problems; they help us continually improve ourbusiness. Zimmerman brought