eMarketer: Facebook Revenue to Top $1.2 Bil in 2010
ADOTAS – If you were impressed by Facebook’s estimated revenue of $800 million in 2009, you’re going to be floored by eMarketer’s 2010 estimate of $1.285 billion for the social network.
The $1.285 billion in revenue is nearly double eMarketer’s estimate for last year ($665 million), but earlier this year sources told Reuters that a more realistic number was $800 million and the company was trying keep expectations grounded. The fastest growing revenue stream is Facebook’s self-serve ad platform, used primarily by local advertisers.
In May, comScore noted that Facebook surpassed former impression champion Yahoo in impressions served in the first quarter with 176 billion, or 16.2% of all display impressions. However, the average CPM of Facebook ads is $0.56, compared to the general rate of $2.43.
eMarketer estimates that non-US revenue will grow from $165 million in 2009 to $450 million in 2010 and $700 million in 2011. Worldwide revenue is expected to increase to $1.760 billion in 2011. The latest rumor regarding an IPO comes from Bloomberg, which says the company is waiting till 2012 so it can grow more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and