eMarketer: Facebook Revenue to Top $1.2 Bil in 2010
ADOTAS – If you were impressed by Facebook’s estimated revenue of $800 million in 2009, you’re going to be floored by eMarketer’s 2010 estimate of $1.285 billion for the social network.
The $1.285 billion in revenue is nearly double eMarketer’s estimate for last year ($665 million), but earlier this year sources told Reuters that a more realistic number was $800 million and the company was trying keep expectations grounded. The fastest growing revenue stream is Facebook’s self-serve ad platform, used primarily by local advertisers.
In May, comScore noted that Facebook surpassed former impression champion Yahoo in impressions served in the first quarter with 176 billion, or 16.2% of all display impressions. However, the average CPM of Facebook ads is $0.56, compared to the general rate of $2.43.
eMarketer estimates that non-US revenue will grow from $165 million in 2009 to $450 million in 2010 and $700 million in 2011. Worldwide revenue is expected to increase to $1.760 billion in 2011. The latest rumor regarding an IPO comes from Bloomberg, which says the company is waiting till 2012 so it can grow more.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]