Got Funds? Foursquare, Click Forensics & Chango See Big Bucks
First, though, the big fish: location-based moso (mobile social) network Foursquare brought home $20 million, with venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz joining existing investors O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures and Union Square Ventures. Notably, the Andreessen of Andreessen Horowitz is none other than Netscape cofounder Marc Andreessen, who told The New York Times he saw vast potential in the company’s service.
Already the moso network has close to 2 million members and 10,000 signups daily. Fourquare cofounder Dennis Crowley said the funds would go toward building up infrastructure, expanding staff and finding a bigger office. The company is now valued at $95 million.
Audience verifier Click Forensics’ wallet is $6 million heavier as it exited a Series C funding round led by Austin Ventures, with Sierra Ventures and Shasta Ventures also giving to the cause. The company will invest the funds in development and marketing of new offerings aimed at assisting brands and agencies verify audiences.
Finally, integrated search marketing demand-side platform Chango has believers in Metamorphic Ventures as well as existing investors such as iNovia Capital and Extreme Venture Partners, who helped raise $1.4 million in a Series A funding round. Taking seats on Chango’s board will be Metamorphic Managing Partner Lewis Gersh and angel investor Geoff Judge, who you might recall is cofounder of 24/7 Real Media. Chango scans display exchanges for new customers and retargets their recent search activity on the major search engines.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Google’s Missed Third-Quarter Earnings Highlights Questions for Internet Giant
- MediaMath Acquires Social Advertising Platform Upcast to Advance Social Media Campaigns
- Digital.NYC Embraces Curated Content As Publishers Turn to Third-Party Sources
- According to Survey, 63% of American Online Shoppers Are Still Not Familiar with Alibaba
- Meredith Introduces Native “Buzz” Platform to Launch with New FITNESS Magazine Website