Quick Hits: Geek Consolidation and YuMe’s Support System
ADOTAS – The geek world has been too fragmented — it’s about time for geek consolidation. Fortunately Geeknet — publisher of sites such as ThinkGeek, SourceForge and SlashDot — has started the process with the purchase of tech enthusiast site Geek.com for $1 million. In addition to expanding the publisher’s overall traffic and its global reach, Geeknet believes the acquisition will help it penetrate more mainstream consumer advertising categories.
– When I’m down in the doldrums and need some support, I turn to YuMe and its ACE video advertising platform, just like Open Source Media Framework and Sorrensen 360. Well, perhaps those companies don’t cry on YuMe’s shoulder while watching “Steel Magnolias,” but they have integrated ACE into their media players, allowing publishers to use the ad network monetize their videos. They can also take advantage of ACE’s Ad Management System, tools that help publishers maximize video inventory revenue, manage unlimited syndication partners and branch out to any viewing environment.
– Vitrue is not judging you, just your fan page. The social media management company has introduced a free service called the Social Page Evaluator, which provides marketers with a comprehensive analysis of their Facebook ROI via information about fans and wall posts as well as engagement data.
– Boohoo! No one is paying attention to us small and midsize agencies! Oh, quit yer whinin’! Marketing tech firm Avenue Right just released version 3.0 of it’s cloud-based media-buying automation software specifically aimed at small and midsize agencies. This new version’s got customization features that enable users to add, interact with and report on any advertising medium within an overall media schedule. Happy now?
– AlmondNet’s Data Division has partnered with Bid Manager proprietor Invite Media to allow Invite’s users access to AlmondNet’s keyword and segment-based data. Now wasn’t that thoughtful?
– B2B marketing solution Bizo has enhanced its free analytics product, Analyze, by adding Site Indexing, which allows sites to index for their target audiences compared to others across the Bizo network.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than