Quick Hits: Geek Consolidation and YuMe’s Support System
ADOTAS – The geek world has been too fragmented — it’s about time for geek consolidation. Fortunately Geeknet — publisher of sites such as ThinkGeek, SourceForge and SlashDot — has started the process with the purchase of tech enthusiast site Geek.com for $1 million. In addition to expanding the publisher’s overall traffic and its global reach, Geeknet believes the acquisition will help it penetrate more mainstream consumer advertising categories.
– When I’m down in the doldrums and need some support, I turn to YuMe and its ACE video advertising platform, just like Open Source Media Framework and Sorrensen 360. Well, perhaps those companies don’t cry on YuMe’s shoulder while watching “Steel Magnolias,” but they have integrated ACE into their media players, allowing publishers to use the ad network monetize their videos. They can also take advantage of ACE’s Ad Management System, tools that help publishers maximize video inventory revenue, manage unlimited syndication partners and branch out to any viewing environment.
– Vitrue is not judging you, just your fan page. The social media management company has introduced a free service called the Social Page Evaluator, which provides marketers with a comprehensive analysis of their Facebook ROI via information about fans and wall posts as well as engagement data.
– Boohoo! No one is paying attention to us small and midsize agencies! Oh, quit yer whinin’! Marketing tech firm Avenue Right just released version 3.0 of it’s cloud-based media-buying automation software specifically aimed at small and midsize agencies. This new version’s got customization features that enable users to add, interact with and report on any advertising medium within an overall media schedule. Happy now?
– AlmondNet’s Data Division has partnered with Bid Manager proprietor Invite Media to allow Invite’s users access to AlmondNet’s keyword and segment-based data. Now wasn’t that thoughtful?
– B2B marketing solution Bizo has enhanced its free analytics product, Analyze, by adding Site Indexing, which allows sites to index for their target audiences compared to others across the Bizo network.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Fiverr® Updates iPhone App: Puts Over 3 Million Gigs® in the Palm of Your Hand March 12th 2014 NEW YORK, March 12, 2014 — Fiverr®, the world’s largest [...] more »
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]