BrightRoll Proves Online Video Means Offline Sales
ADOTAS – BrightRoll, a branded video ad network, released results of its Video Impact study in conjunction with global CPG leader Reckitt Benckiser (RB). The study found that a five month online video campaign for Air Wick Freshmatic and Scented Oils generated a 6% lift in in-store sales, outperforming other measured digital campaigns for RB’s products.
BrightRoll CEO Tod Sacerdoti said, “This study confirms what we’ve been saying about the ability of online video to reach and engage consumers in a way that no other category of online advertising can. Savvy marketers like RB are always on the lookout for ways to measure the ROI of their advertising budgets, and this study provides solid evidence of the offline sales impact of dollars allocated to online video.”
“We’ve invested heavily in online video as a tool to reach our target audience as their viewing habits shift from TV to online,” said Marc Fonzetti, head of Integrated Media Services for RB North America. “Like previous in-market research, this study clearly shows that partnering with a video network like BrightRoll is an effective way to engage consumers, and ultimately, drive sales.”
Notably, interactive video ads proved to have a greater impact on purchase behavior than linear video content. This finding supports a BrightRoll survey released earlier this month, which revealed that more advertisers (54%) planned to spend their creative budget on interactive pre-roll ads than in any other area.
“RedOrbit does not, nor has it ever, engaged, assisted in, or condoned click fraud. We are disappointed that Microsoft has made these completely baseless allegations, and intend to defend against them vigorously.
“RedOrbit was selected by Microsoft to help them test their BETA advertising platform, known as pubCenter, and we participated for approximately five months beginning in September 2008. An anomalous click spike occurred over a brief period of time in January 2009, and we immediately worked with Microsoft to identify the reasons for the occurrence, including providing them with complete access to our logs. At the time, Microsoft did not conclude that there was any suspicious activity on the part of RedOrbit and we discontinued working with them.”
“RedOrbit did not participate in the scheme Microsoft alleged and was never paid for the clicks in question. We do not understand why Microsoft has chosen to launch this unsubstantiated lawsuit and public relations campaign against RedOrbit a year and a half after it failed to conclude that we had anything to do with the events in question. We look forward to refuting these claims in court.”
Leave a Comment
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’?
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Pixalate Raises $4.6 Million to Bring Free Real-Time Ad Viewability and Fraud Detection to Brands and Agencies December 11th 2013 SANTA MONICA, Calif.,December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Pixalate, a leading [...] more »
- Opera Mediaworks Reveals 6 Biggest Mobile Advertising Trends of 2013 December 11th 2013 SAN MATEO, Calif., December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS — In a [...] more »
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013 ADOTAS – Marketers all have different opinions about how much [...] more »
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and